1080p pard

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Tikka243

1080p pard

Post by Tikka243 » 16 Nov 2018, 08:19

hi guys i was looking the 1080p Pard night vision have any of you lot tried it i have seen the videos on utube but there is nothing like a unbiased view thanks in advance

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: 1080p pard

Post by phoenix » 16 Nov 2018, 08:44

If it's a rear add-on you're after, then it the best "bang for your buck" option.
Very usable out to 150 yards with the built in illuminator and further with a decent external illuminator.
All the bells and whistles you could ask for at the price: HD sensor, HD recording, wifi, digital zoom
It can also be used as a spotter when off the scope.
I don't think you'll find many forum members who have one that don't like it.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Spudgun

Post by Spudgun » 16 Nov 2018, 09:07

Very good unit, for functions, battery consumption etc. Pretty much does everything and if you stick it behind a good scope, with a Solaris SRX laser illuminator, then with the right caliber it can easily achieve 330 yards on a good night. But look around and keep asking as to price, but it's very doubtful you would loose about £200 in the big crash of 18. When people thought they were getting something better than others but in reality weren't. Nuff said by me.
Cheers

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 16 Nov 2018, 09:39

Some footage from the NV007. When viewing, change the settings on youtube using the cog icon to 1080p quality.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpI_LZ ... lg4OQ2Cdaw

Tikka243

Post by Tikka243 » 16 Nov 2018, 11:47

THAT VIDEO LOOKS IMPRESIVE THANKS

Disco_GT3

Post by Disco_GT3 » 16 Nov 2018, 22:56

Mini Magnum wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 09:39
Some footage from the NV007. When viewing, change the settings on youtube using the cog icon to 1080p quality.
What scope are your vids with Ian?

deerwarden

Post by deerwarden » 16 Nov 2018, 23:38

Which is the best one to buy, the one rated to 223, or the one rated to 308, there's a difference in the size of the lens.

JOE FOX

Post by JOE FOX » 18 Nov 2018, 11:15

Mini Magnum wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 09:39
Just a Question, if there is a Danger to human Eyes if you look at a LASER. Does it hurt the Eyes of Animals too, if you point it at them for some time. :think:

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 18 Nov 2018, 13:10

The short answer is YES - lasers do have the potential to damage human and animal eyes.
However, as with all things in life, it is necessary to assess the risk associated with using lasers and decide what, if any precautions need to be taken, and if the benefits of using a laser outweigh the risks associated with the particular application you have in mind.
The basic rule is not to look directly at a laser, nor at laser light which has reflected from a shiny surface.
The wider the laser beam and the further away from it you are, the safer it becomes.
The tighter the beam and the closer you are to it, the more dangerous it becomes.
Visible lasers (primarily red and green) are generally less dangerous because the blink response of the human eye will tend to limit the time that the eye is exposed to the laser light.
Conversely, IR lasers are more dangerous because they do not appear very bright to the human eye, so there is no blink response, resulting in the eye receiving damaging amounts of laser radiation.
When I started in NV I tried a few different lasers but discarded them because of safety concerns, but mainly because they produced a very "dirty" beam with lots of light and dark splodges.
IR LEDS came to the fore and surpassed lasers by producing very "clean" beams without any significant risk of damage to the human eye.
Until recently, I always advised people to get an LED based illuminator and for many NV applications an LED based illuminator is still all that's needed.
However, a new generation of IR lasers has recently become available which produce much "cleaner" beams and do increase the range at which a target can be seen clearly
The Solaris SRX is probably the most popular of these new lasers and, if used sensibly, it will not cause eye damage on humans or animals.
If you intend to shoot at long range targets then the SRX is probably the best choice, but for normal ranges an LED based illuminator is just as good and carries little or no risk of eye damage

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

JOE FOX

Post by JOE FOX » 18 Nov 2018, 14:09

phoenix wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 13:10
The short answer is YES - lasers do have the potential to damage human and animal eyes.
However, as with all things in life, it is necessary to assess the risk associated with using lasers and decide what, if any precautions need to be taken, and if the benefits of using a laser outweigh the risks associated with the particular application you have in mind.
The basic rule is not to look directly at a laser, nor at laser light which has reflected from a shiny surface.
The wider the laser beam and the further away from it you are, the safer it becomes.
The tighter the beam and the closer you are to it, the more dangerous it becomes.
Visible lasers (primarily red and green) are generally less dangerous because the blink response of the human eye will tend to limit the time that the eye is exposed to the laser light.
Conversely, IR lasers are more dangerous because they do not appear very bright to the human eye, so there is no blink response, resulting in the eye receiving damaging amounts of laser radiation.
When I started in NV I tried a few different lasers but discarded them because of safety concerns, but mainly because they produced a very "dirty" beam with lots of light and dark splodges.
IR LEDS came to the fore and surpassed lasers by producing very "clean" beams without any significant risk of damage to the human eye.
Until recently, I always advised people to get an LED based illuminator and for many NV applications an LED based illuminator is still all that's needed.
However, a new generation of IR lasers has recently become available which produce much "cleaner" beams and do increase the range at which a target can be seen clearly
The Solaris SRX is probably the most popular of these new lasers and, if used sensibly, it will not cause eye damage on humans or animals.
If you intend to shoot at long range targets then the SRX is probably the best choice, but for normal ranges an LED based illuminator is just as good and carries little or no risk of eye damage

Cheers

Bruce
Thanks Bruce, so Do Not point a Laser at Animals Eyes, unless your going to shoot it. In case you blind or harm its Eyesite.