Clive, you've let me down

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
22-250jock

Clive, you've let me down

Post by 22-250jock » 07 Jun 2017, 19:14

Back in the begining of March a shooting friend of mine asked for some advice about getting a NV unit, he didn't want dedicated or tubed so I quite happily recomended Clive's Ward 800 (after looking through a 700 at the NV meet couple of years back)

I pm'ed Clive to let him know that my mate would be calling, which he did and ordered and paid for the unit,
he was told that there would be a few weeks delay as this was at the time Clive was udating the design....

fair enough, my mate wasn't in any hurry and was quite happy to wait.

I've just had a phone call from him asking if I've heard any thing about the 800 development...........the last update he had from the nightvision store was on the 27th April.

since then he's phoned and emailed, but doesn't seem to be able to get past ''the bird who answers the phone'', who promises someone will get back to him.

quite frankly Clive, I feel embarrassed now having recomended you, which is a shame as your products are top notch.

surely its not that difficult to send an email out to customers who are waiting for products if theres going to be a delay, in my opinion its only common courtesy

cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,

steve54

Re: Clive, you've let me down

Post by steve54 » 08 Jun 2017, 10:27

I am in a similar situation.
Having bought , and paid for a WD800S and IR torch from Clive's company in March, the only message that I have personally received was back in April. Since then I have had to constantly check posts for Night vision Store in the forums advertisers section here.
As you point out, surely it is not expecting too much for customers to be kept up to speed with their orders. Especially when there are issues with manufacturing, and delivery times.
I appreciate that there have been problems with suppliers, and do accept that, and am prepared to be patient.

But this has dragged on for months and I do feel now, that what i'm hoping is an excellent product, - has been very sadly tarnished by woeful customer communication.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 08 Jun 2017, 11:11

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not updating sooner and indeed apologies for anyone else's enquiries that have been unanswered. I've just not been here to do it. It seems my life for the past 3 months has been completely consumed with to-ing and fro-ing to the sodding CNC engineers who at the time made all the right noises about getting it done in a couple of weeks :lolno: . Particularly more recently every day as I had worked out if I give them a 'few days' to make progress they sneak in another job and actually get sod all done! It's monumentally frustrating and I appreciate that this is filtering down to our customers.

It's even more frustrating that the work completed, such as the clamps, etc. is absolutely amazing! It's going to be very special.

I have completely lost patience now and won't accept any more delays or excuses from my supplier (they were told this yesterday) because I'm bored of hearing it and so are my customers!

It's very difficult for me to get back to individuals at the moment or indeed do a bulk e-mail to customers waiting for delivery because I have to do each one individually. I must dedicate full focus onto being behind the weak link in the chain and getting these things made!

I'll do an update on the progress thread in a mo with where we are actually at. :oops:

Cheers

Clive

steve54

Post by steve54 » 08 Jun 2017, 15:00

cliveward wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry for not updating sooner and indeed apologies for anyone else's enquiries that have been unanswered. I've just not been here to do it. It seems my life for the past 3 months has been completely consumed with to-ing and fro-ing to the sodding CNC engineers who at the time made all the right noises about getting it done in a couple of weeks :lolno: . Particularly more recently every day as I had worked out if I give them a 'few days' to make progress they sneak in another job and actually get sod all done! It's monumentally frustrating and I appreciate that this is filtering down to our customers.

It's even more frustrating that the work completed, such as the clamps, etc. is absolutely amazing! It's going to be very special.

I have completely lost patience now and won't accept any more delays or excuses from my supplier (they were told this yesterday) because I'm bored of hearing it and so are my customers!

It's very difficult for me to get back to individuals at the moment or indeed do a bulk e-mail to customers waiting for delivery because I have to do each one individually. I must dedicate full focus onto being behind the weak link in the chain and getting these things made!

I'll do an update on the progress thread in a mo with where we are actually at. :oops:

Cheers

Clive
Thanks very much for the explanation Clive.
I'm sure that most of us that are waiting for the units fully appreciate how frustrating it is for you, when your CNC suppliers are the weak link in the chain. :roll:
Just keep us in the loop when you have time please. :thumbup:
Best wishes.
Steve.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 08 Jun 2017, 16:49

If it makes anyone feel better I too still have ongoing issues with CnC machinist quoted times.

This is from a bloke who is well known to run late but does work at by far the cheapest prices in Leicester. If there were'nt so many cheap NV alternatives being made we'd be able to order from more expensive but reliable sources.

I've been waiting almost 4 months for an aluminum project box pattern and coming up on two months for a revised batch of DSA's. Both were agreed to have been done within two weeks of placing the order.

I too am unable to supply either of the above and have had to let buyers down.

22-250jock

Post by 22-250jock » 08 Jun 2017, 17:36

Thanks for the reply Clive

I shall let my mate know whats happening ;)

cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,