Help needed please.

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
shootingcharley

Help needed please.

Post by shootingcharley » 15 Jul 2017, 09:32

Hi all i am currently using a FoxPro caller but would like to move to a new caller with a better remote rang, simple you would think, the problem i have is that the caller in question dose not have the calls i use i a regular bases and will not play the FoxPro files, but will play MP3 format, i was wondering if anyone noes how i can record the sounds and save them to MP3 format so i can put them on the new caller.

Many thanks Dennis.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Help needed please.

Post by sunndog » 15 Jul 2017, 12:20

Never tried bit i bet you could do it with a smart phone these days. Try searching 'mp3 converter' on your app store......worth a try
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 15 Jul 2017, 13:18

I thinks the Foxpro sounds are in a proprietary file format (.FXP) and I can't think that I've seen a file converter for them.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 15 Jul 2017, 17:05

shootingcharley wrote:Hi all i am currently using a FoxPro caller but would like to move to a new caller with a better remote rang, simple you would think, the problem i have is that the caller in question dose not have the calls i use i a regular bases and will not play the FoxPro files, but will play MP3 format, i was wondering if anyone noes how i can record the sounds and save them to MP3 format so i can put them on the new caller.

Many thanks Dennis.
I can't help but wonder if a longer antenna modification on either the remote or main unit might improve the range - that's thinking way back to my rubber duck 10 10 till we do it again days. Bye from Phantom 8-)