Having problems with Openreach ?

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
hairyyoda

Having problems with Openreach ?

Post by hairyyoda » 11 Aug 2017, 13:41

:wave: Having problems with Openreach ? What would you do ? :think:
Right then, it's Friday afternoon :thumbup: and I am having a bad day :thumbdown:
Been trying to get "legitimate and lawfully due" wayleave payments from Openreach for several years :problem: :wtf:
It is my considered opinion that they just do not want to part with any wayleave payments and just either give you the run-around or don't reply to emails or letters :evil: .
They are that f#+ki*g dull that you are expected to send them a map of where their "ID tagged & numbered" telegraph pole is located :? :shock: :o
Found email addresses for 17 heads of departments of Openreach so thought that a multi email shot would be step one ? :lol: :clap:
Low and behold I get a automated reply from a big chief kahuna at the SW1 9HA HQ telling me that he is on holiday but by all means contact "janet" at Openreach and he is thoughtful enough to also give his mobile telephone number "in case it is a urgent matter" :thumbup: :clap:
Now I don't know if me and Mr Richard Allwood are ever going to be the best of friends in the future :think: but I have just sent him a text in the middle of his holidays "asking him if my missing wayleave payments are being used to fund the office Christmas party :problem: ? :lolno:
Not only did these so called :!: telecommunication engineers :!: :?: put their bl##dy annoying pole in the middle of a plot but they also left the old abandoned wire stays tethered into a hedge in two places :wtf: :shock:
Remedy One > :idea: Test the pushing power of a chunky bit of farm machinery ? :o
Remedy Two > :think: Train a pet Woodpecker :roll:
Remedy Three > :shh: Sharpen the chain on my big Husky ? :D
Can't see that Openreach can just do as they please and put a telegraph pole anywhere they choose :evil: without consulting the land owner ? :think:
Do I need insurance in case the old Fordson runs out of control ? would a dodgy parking brake be classed as a act of God ?
:think: :idea: need input :?:
Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage

hairyyoda

Re: Having problems with Openreach ?

Post by hairyyoda » 11 Aug 2017, 16:26

There is very little hope for mankind :lol: even the CEO of Openreach has not much email access, but on the up side :thumbup: I am now on first named terms with my new best friend at Openreach Joe McGill :thumbup: :clap:
There might be some hope yet
Phil

Reply from CEO office at Openreach >>>

Thank you for your email.
Clive Selley is currently out of the office with limited access to his e-mail, so I’m replying on his behalf to avoid further delay

I am really sorry to read of the issues that you are currently experiencing with the lack of a Wayleave payment for equipment on your land.

I can confirm that we have raised this issue with our Wayleaves GM and have asked if this issue can be urgently investigated and a response sending to you to answer your queries.

A member of their Team will be in touch once they have investigated.

Kind regards
Joe
Joe McGill
CEO Complaints Business Manager
Openreach
Web: www.openreach.co.uk
ImageImageImage

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 11 Aug 2017, 18:28

:wave: If anyone enjoys a good laugh on a gloomy Friday evening, read some of the Openreach sagas on >>>

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1442320

Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 14 Aug 2017, 22:03

:wave: Openreach update :thumbup:
Somebody at the SW1 9HA big city HQ offices has instructed a Openreach surveyor to drive from somewhere based around the Midlands to visit West Wales tomorrow to find the elusive ID numbered and tagged telegraph post and conduct a investigation :thumbup: :lolno:
:think: There might be hope :?:
Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage

Clunge

Post by Clunge » 15 Aug 2017, 08:52

Depending on the amounts involved, if you summarised your case to a local solicitor (who deals with land stuff), you might well get a fairly cheap letter out of them that would nail Openreach to coughing-up quick, with expenses too.

If the present flurry of activity doesn't get results, talk to one, take brief chronological noteswith you and a map etc and letters, photos.

I had a mate with a microwave relay station on his land. It was rented to a university. They went and sublet it to mobile phone companies. When he found out about it, he got quite a few grand off them.