Deep Throat.

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Fox Hunter

Re: Deep Throat.

Post by Fox Hunter » 25 Sep 2017, 18:36

chas wrote:Totally innocent mistake on my part, honestly. :angel:
I couldn't understand why when I went to check my post, some 5 seconds after hitting the submit button, it had already been viewed 6 times. :lol:
How are you James ?
:lol:

Heyup Chris, all good here Thanks. Been a bit busy of late but always check in here but sometimes don't bother signing in and just read. Couldn't resist with this one though :lol: :thumbup:

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 26 Sep 2017, 16:25

sunndog wrote:Carvers are the dogs but i'v never seen one 6" deep?

Chas search for 'record' on ebay mate. The older ones will be far better than todays stuff

For new reasonably priced brands 'babco' arent too bad. I'v not broken one of mine yet and used them on some fairly heavy jobs, couple of them have lost the swivel foot though of course
Carvers go up to about 8" reach or so, they used to longer I seem to remember.

I'm amazed that Rod gave a straight answer to the original question. Is that a sign of the apocalypse?
Radders, you'll get me a bad name :o

:lol: :lol:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 26 Sep 2017, 20:52

Rodders, never seen big carvers like that....damnit, more tools i *need* 8-)
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 27 Sep 2017, 13:24

:wave: Chas

Sketch out what shape of g clamp you need, then either fabricate what you want out of 12mm by 40mm flat bar and weld to suit with some 16mm stud iron and nuts as your clamping fixture, or transfer your sketch outline on to a piece of sizable 12mm plate and profile cut a g clamp shape out and finish off with stud iron and nuts as your clamping fixture.
:wave: You could hold the world together with stud iron clamps placed at the right anchor point :thumbup:
Make a specific jig that suits ? you need to think outside the box ?
I can sell you 9 three meter lengths of stainless 12mm stud iron if you are stuck ?

Embrace the challenge, there are no such thing as "problems" only "solutions"

Thanks "me bad for being a bit blunt ?"
Phil
ImageImageImage

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 27 Sep 2017, 16:05

sunndog wrote:Rodders, never seen big carvers like that....damnit, more tools i *need* 8-)
Bought one off a car boot last year, for the grand sum of £5. I desperately tried to look uninterested when enquiring the price. And even less so when he said "a fiver ok?". Gave him the fiver and legged it pronto. Missed a 12v Klaxon for £25 though, spotted it just as someone picked it up. :cry: :cry: :cry:

"Argo, a great 8x8"

chas
Banned again

Post by chas » 27 Sep 2017, 18:13

Phil.
I prefer blunt, can't do with beating about the bush.
I could soon make one if I had the time, got the materials and the gear, just short on hours.
Made do for this "quick job" by standing it on an old piece of chip board, and screwing bits of approx. 1" timber around it with screws going in to the chip board at 45 degrees then screwed the jig to those timbers, solid as a rock, almost. :lol:
I know what I mean :think:
Effluent in many languages.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 27 Sep 2017, 19:54

rodp wrote:
sunndog wrote:Rodders, never seen big carvers like that....damnit, more tools i *need* 8-)
Bought one off a car boot last year, for the grand sum of £5. I desperately tried to look uninterested when enquiring the price. And even less so when he said "a fiver ok?". Gave him the fiver and legged it pronto. Missed a 12v Klaxon for £25 though, spotted it just as someone picked it up. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Should think you did mate, i'd buy em all day long for a fiver! :lol:
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 28 Sep 2017, 17:28

sunndog wrote:
rodp wrote:
Should think you did mate, i'd buy em all day long for a fiver! :lol:
Yep, and me. £200 + new I believe now.

"Argo, a great 8x8"

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Sep 2017, 18:12

chas wrote:Phil.
I prefer blunt, can't do with beating about the bush.
I could soon make one if I had the time, got the materials and the gear, just short on hours.
Made do for this "quick job" by standing it on an old piece of chip board, and screwing bits of approx. 1" timber around it with screws going in to the chip board at 45 degrees then screwed the jig to those timbers, solid as a rock, almost. :lol:
I know what I mean :think:
Should also have said Chas I have several 3 meter lengths of 10mm stainless steel stud here as well as the 12mm S/S stud, over 42 meters of it in total, need to live a few life times to get around to using it all up :?:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage

hairyyoda

Post by hairyyoda » 28 Sep 2017, 22:25

:wave: Rod's quote >>> Missed a 12v Klaxon for £25 :lolno:

Rod I will try and do a photograph of little gem that I found in a trunk in a farm sale, genuine Klaxon but 240 volts, running it on a mains invertor for now, scares the sh#t out of the wildlife. :shock: :wtf:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage