Svord Mini Peasant

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Svord Mini Peasant

Post by cliveward » 31 Oct 2017, 15:24

Hi All,

After loosing my trusty Opinel No. 6, I decided a new pocket knife was in order and I always fancied one of these, so I duly ordered one. :thumbup:

It's mechanism is very much like a straight razor so there is a long section of tang that protrudes from the handle. This means you can easily open and close it with one hand, and unlike other single handed openers your fingertips don't have to be anywhere near the blade. In fact the easiest way to open it is to hold the tang and then move the handle with your thumb.

When the knife is open, this long tang section is covered by your gripping hand, making it nigh on impossible for the knife to close on your fingers...brilliant! 8-)

The blade is just about right for my everyday use at just over 2.5" long, this also means you can carry it and use it in the same manner as any other non-locking sub 3" folding pocket knife in the UK.

It's state of sharpness as delivered was OK and most people might be happy with it (essentially a ground edge at around 25-30 degrees). I'm a bit different since discovering the joy of the Ken Onion Worksharp belt sharpener. Every knife has to now be laser beam polished sharp! :lol:

As this was a utility knife I set it to 20 degrees and had at it.

Before:

After:

Even at a rather steep 20 degrees the finished edge is still hair popping sharp and just shy of hair whittling sharp. :lol:

Great little handy knife for £15 odd. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

sauer

Re: Svord Mini Peasant

Post by sauer » 01 Nov 2017, 00:49

Yeah I have one with the orange plastic handle ....got the little brush leather sheath for it too .
I like it , but keep meaning to sharpen up edge as you have

Paul