I of M TT Races

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
hairyyoda

I of M TT Races

Post by hairyyoda » 06 Jun 2018, 23:53

:wave: Been watching the TV coverage of this years I of M TT Races, truly unbelievable record braking lap times and the handling skills of some of the top riders "having a fight with some front wheel wobble while their backside is off the seat by more than a few inches while both front and rear wheels are several inches off the road surface :problem: :wtf:
Hard to think that fear is not a issue to them :?: or is it just "that the riders belief in their racing ability will get them to the finishing line without any problems :?:" Average lap times in excess of 134 MPH
I probably could not think fast enough to negotiate more than 200 bends per lap in less than 30 minutes on four wheels :lol: , :think: would need to pull over and have a think about a H & S risk assessment after about 10 right and left handers at full boot :lol:

Thanks
Phil
ImageImageImage

Nightowl

Re: I of M TT Races

Post by Nightowl » 07 Jun 2018, 09:11

Hi Phil , in my long lost youth I used to marshall at the TT races
I did it for many years , both practise & race weeks , I could never decide whether
the riders were insane or very brave, or both, but I have a great admiration
for there riding skills in what is the best road race in the world.
atb brian

RELOADER54

Post by RELOADER54 » 07 Jun 2018, 11:21

"the thrill of speed often overtakes the fear of death" , "if" you get older,,,,not so much.

sauer

Post by sauer » 11 Jun 2018, 06:15

Got to agree with above

Had bikes in my 20’s and loved em .... still do ! Now love more the custom cruisers rather than the Tupperware bikes

But when you get yes fist full of throttle away you go

Just don’t have the testicles for that now adays!

Saying that most of time it’s not yourself the problem it’s other road users not seeing you

Paul

Nightowl

Post by Nightowl » 12 Jun 2018, 23:00

i own x4 motorcycles and still ride and tour all over europe at 70 yrs old
and about to visit the IOM in late August for the Manx grand prix
.atb brian

Nightowl

Post by Nightowl » 06 Sep 2018, 05:08

I have just returned from the 2018 Manx grand prix, fantastic racing, the skill of these riders
is amazing, thinking i was to old to marshall i was supprised to learn i can , so having done many years marshalling at the
BMCRC club racing ,and several British Grand prixs at silverstone, i may well do some Manx grand prix,s in the near future.
atb brian