First trip with the addonight

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
Ranger22

First trip with the addonight

Post by Ranger22 » 23 Sep 2018, 08:32

Had the addonight a couple of weeks now, all i’ve managed to do was play with it! Last night was my first chance to get out and use it for real. Got it fitted onto the 22rf. Headed out about 2230 to the local golf course. Weather was mainly bright with a few clouds passing by. Headed out on foot, didn’t see anything for the first 40min. Found a rabbit feeding on the edge of the fairway, sticks up, unit on, torch on took a couple of seconds to find the rabbit. Game over for the rabbit. The clarity was great, a very clear picture, if anything there was a wee bit of glare from ir bouncing back. Still learning this NV game. Before continuing I set the T67 to the medium setting. 5mins later found another 2 rabbits feeding side by side. Think they were about 120m in front of me, so tried to sneak down towards them. Maybe got to 70m and got set up, one of the rabbits had clocked me and moved into the rough. Got set up, found the rabbit quicker this time, another game over! Carried on didn’t see much for the next hour or so. Eventually found more feeding on the edge of a green, got 1 out of the 3, the 2 others disappeared into the rough. 1 of them reappeared long enough for me to get it. Carried on till about 1am and picked up another couple. Well pleased with the addonight, a game changer I think. Kept it on standby all night so just a quick press of the button and it was fully on, one press of the torch button and your good to go. The battery life is good without the onboard ir on, only one part of the battery icon was gone after three and a bit hours. The unit is mounted on a AGS 3-9x40 non PA but the scope is factory set to 36 yards. It works well. Can’t wait to get out on the foxes

warbucks

Re: First trip with the addonight

Post by warbucks » 23 Sep 2018, 13:41

Good result :thumbup:
You will find that a totally dark night away from a full moon will allow the n/v to work better with just using i/r without it mixing with moon light, you will also be able to walk them rabbits down closer.

Well done Dave (warbucks)

Ranger22

Post by Ranger22 » 23 Sep 2018, 14:15

Looking forward to the next trip out.

sauer

Post by sauer » 03 Oct 2018, 21:30

By all accounts you won’t need a T67 for rabbits and the onboard IR up to job for .22lr
Save a bit of weight and ergonomics

Paul

Ranger22

Post by Ranger22 » 04 Oct 2018, 12:24

Your right but got the toys and I want to play with them all! :D

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 04 Oct 2018, 15:04

my mate has had the addernight and he is not sure what the built in crosshair is for..so I said I would ask you guys.

Dave.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 04 Oct 2018, 15:08

If you use the addonight as a short range scope, mounted directly on the rifle e.g. for ratting, then the cross hairs will be your aiming point.
Customriflescopes have a 3d printed adaptor that allows the addonight to be attached to a picatiiny rail http://www.customriflescopes.com/shop.h ... y=15737046

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 04 Oct 2018, 15:22

cheers Bruce

CustomRifleScopesUK

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 06 Nov 2018, 21:36

Love to see happy customers Ranger22, it will take a little getting used to, especially when like you said the white out with the IR at close range, but more time shooting and you will get the hang of it.....seems like your doing alright from the get go !

As for the crosshair, Bruce is right, i have made an attachment that can make the Addonight ( aka nv007 ) into a dedicated close range ratter, but the crosshair can also be used to line up the your riflescope cross hair with the units cross hair, helping with alignment !

Ranger22

Post by Ranger22 » 07 Nov 2018, 13:47

It’s been good so far. A learning curve, thought I could manage with one sleeve but it soon becomes boring taking the sleeve off and putting it on different rifles. Bought another two off you so that’s that issue dealt with. Also got fed up switching the torch on and the addonight on, so only use the torch if I really have to. It’s proved very versatile, used it on my T10, my Brno 22 and my remy 700 shooting various species of quarry. Keen to hear about the pard 008.