Loss of posts/threads

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: Loss of posts/threads

Post by some bloke » 14 Oct 2018, 21:25

Silent Shooter wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 20:38
I have just tried posting a pic but failed :thumbdown:
We were hoping it might make it easier to post pics so if any off you guys wouldnt mind trying it would be appreciated.

Geoff
Can't see an option to host an image file on the post Geoff - if you meant the forum hosting them?

silent shooter
FOUNDER

Post by silent shooter » 14 Oct 2018, 21:41

To be honest im not to sure what im doing in the pics dept Dave :silent: Im going to have a word with John tomorrow to see if he can add some sort of host or something, was chatting to Adam earlier and as we both agreed sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words as the saying goes.
Im certain we can sort something out but would welcome suggestions from members that are clued up on the subject.

Geoff

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 14 Oct 2018, 22:41

I'm no expert Geoff but I'd guess there will be a file size 'allowance' setting that Admin could increase from the current limit that is too small for most of our needs.

When you write a post, there is an add files tab below the typing and submit window which wont allow a useful amount of MB file size.

I'll be up for quite a bit if you fancy sending me a couple of screen shots of any admin options you can select - you have my number too if you want.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 14 Oct 2018, 22:52

A small file photo has been accepted in the filename window- its only 52kb

Huh - it seemed to be accepted but doesnt display. I tried it again so it should show two but that's me beaten, sorry.

I'll try a drag and drop now

Still doesnt show on a submitted post - maybe there is a setting for admin to approve photo's?

silent shooter
FOUNDER

Post by silent shooter » 15 Oct 2018, 00:24

Hi Dave sorry i have also been trying myself and yes it is possible to change file allowed size but i dont want to touch it or John will bollock me if i mess it up lol,thanks for trying mate its apprciated :thumbup:

Geoff

sirhank

Post by sirhank » 15 Oct 2018, 08:29

Hi everyone
For several reasons Geoff and I decided to change our hosting server ... unfortunately I did hit on some glitches which resulted in the lost of some of the recent posts and threads :thumbdown:

Hopefully by now full normal service has been resumed and we can breathe a sigh of relief - many thanks to you all for your patience while the changes were being made :thumbup:

One of the reasons for the change was due to the problem of posting images - I have made some changes and hopefully that will help - if not I shall continue to find the cause and rectify it

Thanks again everyone and also many thanks for making this a successful forum - hats off to you all :clap:

Best wishes

Sirhank and the admin team

tolley

Post by tolley » 15 Oct 2018, 08:36

I think its thank you for making the site updating it etc , its been a great source of information ,chat and for me made some good friends and shooting buddy's . :thumbup:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 15 Oct 2018, 10:05

Good for you John, thanks. I'll try and post up a photo direct to the forum now... mingle mangle mingle mangle mingle mangle in my best twilight zone mode... :angel:

EDIT: Nope: I tried to load a 52kb 184x138 JPG photo, the window below the text window identified it which presumably establishes it had uploaded. There was no subsequent failure warning that it was not a suitable file type nor size - but the post doesn't display the image. Hope this helps mate.

silent shooter
FOUNDER

Post by silent shooter » 15 Oct 2018, 10:14

some bloke wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 10:05
Good for you John, thanks. I'll try and post up a photo direct to the forum now... mingle mangle mingle mangle mingle mangle in my best twilight zone mode... :angel:

EDIT: Nope: I tried to load a 52kb 184x138 JPG photo, the window below the text window identified it which presumably establishes it had loaded - but the post doesn't disply the image. Hope this helps mate.
Exactly the same for me Dave i think we might be getting somewhere though as i didnt get file to large error.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 15 Oct 2018, 10:18

Given it uploaded, I'm wondering if there is an admin setting to allow specific/all members to view files it hosts.

EDIT: Just tried to upload a 130MB image: file is too large error