hello?

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
sedstar

hello?

Post by sedstar » 29 Oct 2018, 20:46

hey guys.

sedders is back in his own H-O-M-E.

soon as I can "pinch off" this season's work, I am looking forward to a couple months *minimum* of... well... YOU know how I get. :wtf:

i'm almost fraid to ask "what big things have I missed???

new cameras? new emitters? anything earth shattering?
Well, I understand that, boys... but see, my CAT gets the silly idea you're making fun of HIM... then he gets, *really* mean...

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: hello?

Post by some bloke » 29 Oct 2018, 20:56

Who the heck is this? :lol:

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 29 Oct 2018, 21:47

Sedders!

Welcome back fella
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 29 Oct 2018, 23:00

Sedders!
Great to hear from you again
You are personally going to have to revive the whole DIY NV scene because pretty much everyone is using commercial build stuff now.
This is the current go to rear add-on https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PARD-NV ... 47375.html

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 29 Oct 2018, 23:50

phoenix wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 23:00
Sedders!
Great to hear from you again
You are personally going to have to revive the whole DIY NV scene because pretty much everyone is using commercial build stuff now.
This is the current go to rear add-on https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PARD-NV ... 47375.html

Cheers

Bruce
Yup - I've been allowing my parts stock to dwindle to minimal and had more or less decided to call it a day at the end of the year-ish. I'd say it worked out to be quite well timed for me. Yaall soon have to manage without seeing my signature below my posts, I know it'll be a wrench for some of you. :angel:

sedstar

Post by sedstar » 30 Oct 2018, 04:33

wow.

800x600 at the eyepiece. impressive.

what cams in it? or dont we know?

does the cam beat OUR ej230/e700 performance or at l;east equal it?

might buy one for meself if you all cant BEEAT this thing, and i admit i like the case and small size and especially the resolutiuon on the display.

===========================================

if this is IT then, for addons? we can ALL pat ourselves on the back, gentlemen. it means we have successfully BOOTED industry in their ARSE and did most of their r&d for them, didnt we?

tempted to buy one of the things and go yote hunting, lmao
Well, I understand that, boys... but see, my CAT gets the silly idea you're making fun of HIM... then he gets, *really* mean...

sedstar

Post by sedstar » 30 Oct 2018, 05:00

million dollar question...is there a "standard" commercial scope-less kit? that none of you can beat it or make it for half the price?

whats tht if it exists. what did you all agree on?

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 30 Oct 2018, 08:51

Good to see you back Sedders :wave:

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 30 Oct 2018, 08:59

sedstar wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 05:00
million dollar question...is there a "standard" commercial scope-less kit? that none of you can beat it or make it for half the price?

whats tht if it exists. what did you all agree on?
That same chinese company (PARD) are about to come out with their scopeless kit.
It's called the NV008 and uses the same sensor and display as the add-on but a longer focal length lens (to get more magnification) and a different housing with a picatinny mount https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 28356.html
It's also small enough to be used as a hand held spotter.
They'll be available in the next few weeks, so it shouldn't be too long before we're able to pass judgement on it.
My best guess is that it will undercut the Yukon Photon RT on price, but be a bit more expensive that the Photon XT, but with better performance.

PS, the other "new" thing is that laser illuminators are back.
There are now 3 or 4 on the market that are better than the best LED illuminators
This one is popular https://torchfactory.com/solaris-srx-ir ... lluminator
They appear to have resolved the "dirty" beam problem and, particularly when used with a rear add-on, they give significantly more usable range

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 30 Oct 2018, 11:10

Welcome back buddy :wave: