What is your preferred charity?

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.

Please choose one of the following charities for future forum donations.

Poll ended at 19 Jan 2014, 15:47

Help For Heroes
21%
Cancer Research UK
79%

Total votes: 28

PESCA

What is your preferred charity?

Post by PESCA » 05 Jan 2014, 15:47

Okay fellas, here's the story.

We've been contacted by several members who would like to donate items to the forum, which we could we can either give away as free raffle prizes, or sell and use the money toward the running of the forum.

Regarding the running of the forum, Geoff and I cover these forum costs from the advertisements you see, so that doesn't come into the equation.

Now, instead of giving away free raffle prizes, as we've done in the past, we feel that it would be nice to raffle, sell, or auction the said items and the money go to a chosen charity.

Having given this some thought, we feel that two worthy charities would be Help For Heroes and Cancer research UK. We hope that you would agree with us.

What we would like to do is to adopt a charity, so that any monies raised in the future, will always go to that chosen charity.

We don't want you to put your reasons on this public forum, as this could get controversial, but we would like you to take part in a vote, rather than the charity be chosen by ourselves.

We'll run the poll for about two weeks, which should give everyone a fair chance to vote.

Thanks for taking the time.
Admin.

PESCA

Re: What is your preferred charity?

Post by PESCA » 05 Jan 2014, 23:21

Come on, fellas, only eleven votes so far?

George

Scotch_egg

Post by Scotch_egg » 05 Jan 2014, 23:53

May I be so bold, help for heroes only help serving personnel. The royal British Legion help all. Once pensioned off etc through injury help for heroes no longer help.

This is something I only found out through the rbl shoot held by the high power rifle association.

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 06 Jan 2014, 09:58

Thanks for that. I never realised that either.

To be honest, we simply chose the two charities we've mentioned as they're probably the two most talked about ones out there.

We know that there are many more worthwhile charities, but we would always be in danger of missing out someones favourite, so we narrowed it down to two.

Cheers.
George

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 06 Jan 2014, 10:00

Just a point. Obviously, if neither of these are your preferred choice, you can, of course, simply abstain from voting. We can't tell you to vote for something you don't believe in 8-)

George

Gloop

Post by Gloop » 06 Jan 2014, 13:29

Well I would have to abstain for numerous reasons that I won't bore everybody with.

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 06 Jan 2014, 13:30

Your choice entirely, Declan.

George

Gloop

Post by Gloop » 06 Jan 2014, 15:15

I should also have mentioned that I will also be happy with whatever the result is and will support whatever charity the forum goes with. :D

johnnyrebel

Post by johnnyrebel » 07 Jan 2014, 10:12

It's Macmillan nurses that gets my vote George, the unsung heroes that step in when the chips are down :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

atb ...john :thumbup:

oops , just read the post again :oops: ....cancer research is my vote :thumbup:
i'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 07 Jan 2014, 17:29

Scotch_egg wrote:May I be so bold, help for heroes only help serving personnel. The royal British Legion help all. Once pensioned off etc through injury help for heroes no longer help.

This is something I only found out through the rbl shoot held by the high power rifle association.
From H4H website
If you are, or were, a member of the Armed Forces and have become wounded, injured or sick while serving our country then the Quick Reaction Fund can help you and your family.
Hmmmm :think:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"