FORUM UPGRADE

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
anthony

Re: FORUM UPGRADE

Post by anthony » 04 Dec 2014, 17:15

andybig wrote:Sorry to moan but this new Dark Grey background is HORRIBLE. :sick:
It makes the site almost unreadable for me.

me too i dont like :thumbdown:
Rapid 7 Mk2 fac 30ftps 3-9x50 AG + Kevg Mod
Rapid 7 Mk1 3-9x50 AG + Nutshot Mod
Ruger 10-22 / Tasco 3-9x50 AG + Gen3 PVS14
CZ 17 HMR / Tasco 3-9x50 AG
223 Howa 1500 Laminated Thumbhole Stock + T Ceptor pro 55-3

AnthonyR

Post by AnthonyR » 04 Dec 2014, 17:17

I like the new style it's great but I'm afraid I really don't like the dark background, I find it really hard to read.

Other forums I read allow you to choose your colours within a limited selection, is this not possible here?

Marky610

Post by Marky610 » 04 Dec 2014, 17:19

phoenix wrote:It's working fine on Chrome, but iffy on Internet Explorer.

Cheers

Bruce
Apart from the rightclick funtions ;)
Land Rovers, who would be daft enough to own one?

Fox Hunter

Post by Fox Hunter » 04 Dec 2014, 18:46

sunndog wrote:
Fox Hunter wrote:How do you try a different browser?

I find it harsh on the eyes too but worst of all I can't see all of what I used to. Things seem to be missing at the top of the page. I can only see half of Carl's night vision advertisement logo and no pm bit to the right. This is on a iPhone though.

Dunno how it works on ios dude but can't you just download another browser from the app store?
Opera, boat, and angel browser are popular on android
Cheers Adam, I tried as you suggest and managed to download an apple called chrome. I still can't see my messages or the full banner. I'm off out so I'll just wait until the update is completed :thumbup:

Gloop

Post by Gloop » 04 Dec 2014, 19:11

I'm struggling with the iPad. Everything is bigger so can see less.
All part of the upgrading process. Hopefully it will sort itself out in time.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 04 Dec 2014, 19:19

Fox Hunter wrote:Cheers Adam, I tried as you suggest and managed to download an apple called chrome. I still can't see my messages or the full banner. I'm off out so I'll just wait until the update is completed :thumbup:

An apple called chrome eh, sounds like a bit of cross pollenation there
The update is complete as far as I know....well I can't see john Doing any tinkering on our secret squirrel pages anyway. :lol:

Maybe it still needs a tweak for ios. Can you see the very top line with "board index" "quick links" and stuff on it?
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

22-250jock

Post by 22-250jock » 04 Dec 2014, 19:25

liking the new layout chaps.. :thumbup:

however the dark background makes the type a little hard to read, for my eyes anyway :shock:

just as a side note....i'm sure there's a large number of members who are dyslexic...... my eldest suffers quite severely. having white type on a black/dark background causes him to really struggle to read text.
he uses a blue overlay when reading, which helps enormously......

just a suggestion, but may be worth asking what the consensus is, as to background colour, or if possible be selectable by the user

keep up the great work chaps

cheers jock
“When guns are outlawed, only the Government will have guns. The Government - and a few outlaws. If that happens, you can count me among the outlaws.”
― Edward Abbey,

THE GRIFF

Post by THE GRIFF » 04 Dec 2014, 19:58

It's the adverts that is causing the problem with the iPhone, they are too big and overlapping the options at the top of the page.
I like the new format, the way it's set out in general, but it certainly needs tweaking to be iphone friendly and as already suggested the font to background combination needs looking at.
Well done so far, looking good!

PESCA

Post by PESCA » 04 Dec 2014, 20:03

I'm running a Mac.

Google, Google Chrome and Opera are all showing the forum 100%.

George

silent shooter
FOUNDER

Post by silent shooter » 04 Dec 2014, 20:45

Hi
sunndog wrote:
Fox Hunter wrote:Cheers Adam, I tried as you suggest and managed to download an apple called chrome. I still can't see my messages or the full banner. I'm off out so I'll just wait until the update is completed :thumbup:

An apple called chrome eh, sounds like a bit of cross pollenation there
The update is complete as far as I know....well I can't see john Doing any tinkering on our secret squirrel pages anyway. :lol:

Maybe it still needs a tweak for ios. Can you see the very top line with "board index" "quick links" and stuff on it?
No mate John still has a lot more to sort over the next week or so, again apolagies for any problems but its getting slowly sorted.
He is trying a lot of different combinations of colours etc off line so hopefully wont have to close the forum.