Forum Upgrade 06 November 2014

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
sirhank

Forum Upgrade 06 November 2014

Postby sirhank » 06 Dec 2014, 13:08

Hi Guys and Dolls

We are getting a lot of emails about the forum updates ...

Please remember this is a major software updates and will be teething problems ... I am in contact with the software writers and we should find a cure for the problems we are having - particularly where new vistors are unable to register ...

We also thought we would update the colours etc but this is getting a mixed review from you - again this is ongoing and, hopefully, we can come up with a mutually agreed colour scheme

Please report and faults and any greviances regarding the colour scheme in the comments below and not by email

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Best wishes to you all

Sirhank and the Admin Team

PeteL

Re: Forum Upgrade 06 November 2014

Postby PeteL » 06 Dec 2014, 17:13

Chaps,
I like the upgrade, it looks good and appropriate for the subject. Moreover, I, along with probably most other members, greatly appreciate the considerable amount of effort that you have put into it, for which I'm sure everyone is very grateful.
However, as an old git whose eyes are no longer the best, I find some difficulty in reading white text on black. Will it be possible, in the fullness of time of course, to have an option where the black background be made white and the white text be made black, as a concession to older members?.
Many Thanks again
Peter

rodp
A bad influence

Postby rodp » 06 Dec 2014, 18:16

I don't find the colour scheme unpleasant, however I do have to concentrate to sort out different sections. The old scheme only needed a quick glance across the page to get to what you wanted, whether that be the actual post, or posters name / home town etc.

PM's I find hard to read, some of it looks like very pale grey on white :eh: . Also get this on the posters details at the side of a post, only grey on grey.

Posts at bottom of page seem to merge in to the text at the bottom, I end up reading off the actual post.

And while I'm here I posted this on another thread

While you're doing all the upgrades, and it is appreciated, would it be an idea to have extras available for site supporters ? Perhaps members that pay a subscription could have more PM space, the ability to post pics directly on the site, and maybe their own area ?

Yep , no ???
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Marky610

Postby Marky610 » 06 Dec 2014, 21:51

Super job John, I like the new format and colours of everything apart from the pm's, totally unreadable without highlighting the text.

And best of all my right click is working again :thumbup:

It's a miracle I can spell again :mrgreen:
Land Rovers, who would be daft enough to own one?

PESCA

Postby PESCA » 06 Dec 2014, 23:15

Thanks for that, Mark, and Rod, they may well be options, but at the moment it's taking all of Johns' time to get the bread and butter stuff running correctly.

Cheers.
George

rodp
A bad influence

Postby rodp » 06 Dec 2014, 23:20

Yep, understand that, and it's appreciated. It's good there's folk who can do it, and more importantly WILL do it :thumbup:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

tdea1388

Postby tdea1388 » 07 Dec 2014, 00:42

My gray background has turned white as well as the typing. So I cannot read anything :( ..... How can I fix this problem... May have to pm or email me for me to be able to read the fix....

Tony

andybrock

Postby andybrock » 07 Dec 2014, 21:51

Since the upgrade I keep getting logged out even when I check the "remember me" box, this is on a iPad.

Thanks Andy
Why have a sixpack when you can have a gallon?

sirhank

Postby sirhank » 10 Dec 2014, 09:41

Hi everyone

Just an update - the registration is now working :thumbup:

Working on the colours now ... proving difficult to try to keep everyone happy but will do my best lol

Best wishes

Sirhank and the admin team

PESCA

Postby PESCA » 10 Dec 2014, 09:52

Thanks for all of your time and effort, John.

I can assure you that it's very much appreciated here.

Cheers.
George

Return to “Chatterbox & introductions”