expanding the forum to more topics

Tell us your thoughts on improving the forum.
verminfilmer

expanding the forum to more topics

Post by verminfilmer » 04 Mar 2012, 00:09

what about expanding the forum to more topics, this is known as the nightvision forum. but there are loads of members into all sorts of field sports, like me and kev craggrat we love falconry, Duke i beleave correct me if im wrong is into catapults and running dogs ect, this forum could be a outstanding forum if it was let open to so much more, ferreting long net making purse net making, which i can show people how to make, to the admins please expand as i know it would let a whole lot more knowledgeable people into the world of field sports and benefit this forum no end.. just a thought ATB john

anthony

Re: expanding the forum to more topics

Post by anthony » 04 Mar 2012, 10:19

verminfilmer wrote:what about expanding the forum to more topics, this is known as the nightvision forum. but there are loads of members into all sorts of field sports, like me and kev craggrat we love falconry, Duke i beleave correct me if im wrong is into catapults and running dogs ect, this forum could be a outstanding forum if it was let open to so much more, ferreting long net making purse net making, which i can show people how to make, to the admins please expand as i know it would let a whole lot more knowledgeable people into the world of field sports and benefit this forum no end.. just a thought ATB john

so it will be like the THL forum and the Rabbiters forum then i think it should stay as it is
Theoben Rapid 7 Mk2 fac 30ftps 3-9x50 AG + AWT Silencer
Ruger 10-22 / Tasco 3-9x50 AG + Gen3 Dipol
CZ 17 HMR / Tasco 3-9x50 AG + PVS14
223 Sabbatti Lightweight sporter Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x50 SF + PVS14

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 04 Mar 2012, 22:14

Given the title of this forum is solely relative to night vision rather than shooting I'd maybe see some logic in extending it somehow towards NV that doesn't involve shooting, such as watching nocturnal animals at night. I could also see some mileage in a lamping section because it involves shooting at night and a good few of us have progressed to NV from lamping and will probably resume said exploits as dark nights shorten.

If it were to become a general shooting forum I would probably confine myself to a couple of others rather than more of the same. I joined a few other shooting forums for a looksee but they are mainly just more of the same from the same members to the same members - apart from ones that have been banned from other sites. Truth be knowm, many are disgruntled breakaways from other forums and at least one become a BBS2. Dunno if it still exists or not.

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 04 Mar 2012, 22:35

Thanks John for starting this thread and to the guys for replies so far,quite like your idea of the lamping bit some bloke ;)
Lets see what other ideas people come up with and maybe we can sort out a few more sections :)

Many thanks to you guys (but after all it is your forum ;))

ATB Geoff

chas
Banned again

Post by chas » 04 Mar 2012, 23:08

Hey, Silent Hooters.

I get lost on this forum now.
If you extend it, I'll be totally lost unless you group some of the NV topics into one.
We've got Best scopes, add-on and dedicated, general night vision etc. Stick them all together to simplify the job then consider adding more. :D :D
The tool driving this vehicle is removed at night. Sometimes.

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 04 Mar 2012, 23:18

chas wrote:Hey, Silent Hooters.

If you extend it, I'll be totally lost unless you group some of the NV topics into one.
We've got Best scopes, add-on and dedicated, general night vision etc. Stick them all together to simplify the job then consider adding more. :D :D
Ok mate
George is the man for that,i will give him a call tomorrow im sure he will sort it for you ;) :lol: have you tried specsavers :o

chas
Banned again

Post by chas » 04 Mar 2012, 23:22

silent shooter wrote:

Ok mate
George is the man for that,i will give him a call tomorrow im sure he will sort it for you ;) :lol: have you tried specsavers :o

Thank you Silent Hooters
The tool driving this vehicle is removed at night. Sometimes.

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 04 Mar 2012, 23:37

chas wrote:
silent shooter wrote:

Ok mate

Thank you Silent Hooters

OK OK i got it "SILENT HOOTERS" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

verminfilmer

Post by verminfilmer » 05 Mar 2012, 01:37

it was just a though, kev craggrat rung me today and after we had the banter i told him the score on what id said and put forward , kev said he would be more than happy to help the blokes out on this forum with his falconry knowledge what he has gained over the past 30 + years. so far so good, if we can get more of the older members to get involved with there knowlege of there particular aspect of field sports that they have been into and share there well earned knowledge with the youngsters of today, then its been well worth my post and it will explain to the youngsters why it is so important to make a impression for future hunters.. just my thoughts ATB john

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 05 Mar 2012, 03:24

ISTR reading or hearing something about lamping with Birds Of Prey.