my board camera scopeless (so far)

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
demonfox1

my board camera scopeless (so far)

Post by demonfox1 » 11 Feb 2016, 21:24

This is what I've built so far with an effio e board using 2 switchable ir cut filters back to back to cage the board using my fujinon f1.4 50mm ,haven't decided on the viewing part yet but impressed so far

the night pic houses are 97 metres t50 illumination
Last edited by demonfox1 on 11 Feb 2016, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

ACSlater

Re: my board camera scopeless (so far)

Post by ACSlater » 11 Feb 2016, 22:01

Nice project! What camera did you use exactly? I'm thinking of building a cheap scopeless for my second airrifle. I want the ej230 and an CS lens adapter but not the pricetag that comes with that. How did you fix the lens to your Effio cam?
On a side note: that Spa does use mags right? Can't imagine how frustrating it would be to use a single shot pcp when out ratting. Reloading in the dark :crazy:

demonfox1

Post by demonfox1 » 11 Feb 2016, 23:23

This is the link to the camera
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/700TVL-Effio- ... xyUfFTlVtp
to hold it in place used these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PC-Infrared- ... xy3yNTewJC
I took the cut cut filter bits out drilled and tapped the legs to m3 used brass washers to get focal length also had to cut into the board mount holes to fit the m3 and that then screws on to one of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C-CS-C-CS-Mou ... NE1N6Rh6uw
ill peel the tape of and take a photo in abit the cs lens is really good
I still need to cut the wires once I decide on the viewer
and the spa does have a mag it's a good little gun

Demonfox

demonfox1

Post by demonfox1 » 12 Feb 2016, 00:46

the unit without the lens is using a 32 mm x 32mm effio e board I liked it cause the privacy masks stayed in colour when you were in b/w not the most important thing granted,it's fixed using m2 6 mm standoffs
It's now the test unit as when I removed the ir filter I took the next piece that covers the chip and put an annoying scratch on it :thumbdown:
This what I've done so far thought I would share
Link for the cam I just mentioned
http://www.surveilzone.com/sony-960h-cc ... rrency=GBP

Jirka

Post by Jirka » 12 Feb 2016, 09:11

Very good idea to use the two IR filter holders. Maybe it is a bit pitty you did not leave the front filter in place - it would allow you to have day/night switch and see correct colors in daylight.

The only thing I do not like is the duct tape - you can do almost anything with it, I admit, but still... :-) Will by any chance some standard square tube fit over the two adapters?

demonfox1

Post by demonfox1 » 12 Feb 2016, 12:29

Thanks jirka
The tape is just temporary to keep light and dirt out it will be changed that's the last bit to do,I originally built this using a front of a camera housing for the rear then 30mm spacers then with the cut switch intact at the front I was to big ,the idea of reversing 2 cut filters was to close the space around the board .
For my improved version I have the 1/2 inch cmos board slow boating it's way here that will fit inside the 2 cut filters with 5mm spacers

Demonfox

gypo

Post by gypo » 13 Feb 2016, 07:11

you could use these CS to C mount they fix straight onto the board camera
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13980

Then you could screw this into the C-mount to allow you to use an M42 lens
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14056
G

demonfox1

Post by demonfox1 » 13 Feb 2016, 07:37

Morn gypo
I get what your saying I have those bits ,but how do I mount it, the way I've tried there is no weight on the board itself and can screw it to c mount tube which is a micro under 30mm straight into a mount ,ive tried to keep it simple cause I'm not confident in my machining skills :thumbdown:
I found this helpful to attach to daves tube 300929576732
I just thought that this was a rigid,simple and cheap way to mount a board camera as scopeless

Demonfox

gypo

Post by gypo » 13 Feb 2016, 08:01

I get your point at least with the method you have used the lens is supported and no weight on the board. It has given me an idea for a board cam/C-mount spotter. I Built a near eye board cam spotter a while back that was for an M42 lens here. I ve been thinking recently how to do the same but for a C-mount lens. with a bit of tweaking I think I can use your idea :thumbup:
G

demonfox1

Post by demonfox1 » 13 Feb 2016, 08:17

look forward to seeing that mate :thumbup: ,I still have a couple more ideas for it but I'm waiting on 1 of those 1/2 inch cmos boards And a igors board, this all started after I re watched rolaid's nv 3 build and got into cs lenses

Demonfox