1/1.8" CMOS camera RunCam Night Eagle (Black & White Video Only, No Color)

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
superslack

Re: 1/1.8" CMOS camera RunCam Night Eagle (Black & White Video Only, No Color)

Post by superslack » 20 Sep 2017, 11:27

From runcam
The OSD will be added to version 2, but not privacy masking. 

But if you are going to order hundreds of Night Eagle 2 in one order, we would like to customize it for you
My pockets are not deep enough for a hundred cameras!

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 04 Oct 2017, 19:26

superslack wrote:From runcam

But if you are going to order hundreds of Night Eagle 2 in one order, we would like to customize it for you
Mine are......well sometimes :lolno:

If you can give me that contact info, i will try and get them to do a deal on making them with cross hair or should i correctly say privacy masking !
then stock them in my shop, if people are interested enough ??????????????????subtle hint for a reply????????? LOL

CRS

sysrover

Post by sysrover » 18 Oct 2017, 07:48

Already waiting Astro cameras from Runcam. They made it from night eagle2.

lightmesser

Post by lightmesser » 18 Oct 2017, 12:50

CustomRifleScopesUK wrote:
superslack wrote:From runcam

Mine are......well sometimes :lolno:

If you can give me that contact info, i will try and get them to do a deal on making them with cross hair or should i correctly say privacy masking !
then stock them in my shop, if people are interested enough ??????????????????subtle hint for a reply????????? LOL

CRS
Watch out guys... Changing model does not mean it will be better. And it will have CMOS sensor so how can that be good? I think it will be worse because they are dedicated to FPV guys and they want day and night camera so I think they will made optimal performer for both but not the best for night vision if you know what I mean.

What I did is that I ordered and tested Old Night Owl from Runcam and it is really excellent(the best I seen so far) spotter performer when you swap their original IR blocked lenses.When I did that I noticed large mccd 1/2 sensor inside and I used 1/3 lenses on it and quality of picture was still very good so it can be only better with 1/2 lenses(M12 or CS). When I wanted to order another one they changed to Night Owl 2 so I did not ordered anything...

They are changing their models and sensors all the time so you can't actually know what you'll get... :thumbdown:

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 18 Oct 2017, 13:54

regaurding 'night mode' theres not much between ccd and cmos these days, infact the cmos packages offer a lot more because the chips are much wider in use and developed so much quicker. and with the recent influx of ever cheapening cmos Mp images... fff the D1 is a postage size stamp that need an old tv to be a good image verses a 1080p with an ir removal iris effert and some IR for a wacking huge image..horses for courses innit

all subject to 1080p dvrs for under a million bucks as we wait...n wait.......n wait.

daytime...cmos do have a knack for that light 'line' if you catch the sun..(street lifghts etc by night) hense the fpv guys prefer the ccd's.(yet they all have 1080p cams on board recording, all want 1080p cmos transmitables and alllll wants 1080p res......piss';s all over ccd D1 stuff. the ccd has less lag ish..but, they have less image so, for live veiw in flight the least lag the better.

pixal cancelasion does help a lot....

beyond that we're stuck with what they sell yu eather way.(as aposed to the goodies it could have been...).
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

lightmesser

Post by lightmesser » 18 Oct 2017, 14:26

I can bet that KT&C has far better technology cameras than today EJ230 and 700 but they will not release anything until their dealers sell even last piece of them.

And we are guilty for that... KT&C is like holly bible and we are all buying same stuff so manufacturer won't step forward until we stop buying it.

This thread should be good indication to KT&C and their dealers to step forward with new and better camera.

sysrover

Post by sysrover » 02 Nov 2017, 06:24

Hi all.
Got now night eagle 2 astro and upset.
I dont know what they do in DSP but now its cutting something.
In old one when i was in total darkness the picture become grainy but here only a little right side is grainy when low light. And when total darkness then no any grain at all.
I think they turn on some filters on it, and its cutting some signal.

lightmesser

Post by lightmesser » 02 Nov 2017, 09:27

Unscrew main M12 lenses which probably have IR filter(IR filter on lenses itself not on sensor) and swap to your desired without no IR filter.

Night Owl (first model) have same issue so once when you swap to desired lens and set up to black/white in settings it becomes very capable night vision camera.

Further more... Guys if you are going to order; order proper one

It seems that your version "Astro" is currently out of stock ( http://shop.runcam.com/runcam-night-eagle-astro/ ) and it seems that it has IR filter on lenses or sensor since it was capable to take color night pictures.

Now manufacturer is confusing their costumers. Why?

They have for example RunCam Eagle 2 Pro which are not top pick for night vision. ( http://shop.runcam.com/runcam-eagle-2-pro/ ) since it is day/night camera with filter and probably different sensor.

And yet they have RunCam Night Eagle 2 which apparently is only Eagle camera for our use as it is exclusively for night use and has B/W settings
( http://shop.runcam.com/runcam-night-eagle-2/ )

So if you guys gonna order something I suggest that you try RunCam "Night" Eagle 2 with B/W settings only.

I have old OWL(1/2" MCCD, discontinued) and I can say it is very capable as a spotter. It takes very little illumination and if you give her to much illumination white out happens...

I would really like to know more about that "RunCam Night Eagle 2" before I order one... Hope for more updates from you guys, and hope your Astro version will work to :)

sysrover

Post by sysrover » 02 Nov 2017, 12:14

Here is a photo of night eagle and night eagle 2.
I am ordering directly from runcam. I am ordering without case.
Sensors same its SC1020
ISP same Fullhan 8523
But in new one they add STM microchip.
In old one sensor is in separate board but its not a problem.
I will try make images from both cameras.
The main that i see that some filters or configs changed, because there is no grainy pictures.
https://ibb.co/fx9m0w

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 02 Nov 2017, 17:26

i got a problem with replacing the lens on my 'night' eagle, they focus about a thread and a half outside the body, i.e. cant attach a 12 or 16mm to it.

rather anoying that.

are there diferent types, as in longer or shorter focal types with longer/shorter screw mounts?
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'