New reticle generator for cameras

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
lightmesser

New reticle generator for cameras

Postby lightmesser » 22 Dec 2017, 10:13

New reticle generator looks really interesting :thumbup:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322951426107?s ... 1555.l2649

It can be fitted to lets say Night Eagle camera that does not have privacy settings or to any other camera. We can avoid process of making cross in privacy settings which is pain especially for older guys.

So real question is Scopless dead? :shh: If not than it seems we have very cool reticle generator out there.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: New reticle generator for cameras

Postby phoenix » 22 Dec 2017, 16:33

Got to say, that looks the neatest implementation of a reticle generator I've seen so far.
Neat circuit boards and a good choice of reticles

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

lightmesser

Postby lightmesser » 23 Dec 2017, 22:07

I would just like that manufacturer pre solder lets say 22awg wire(or slightly thinner) with right color orientation on this unit... It would be easier to some guys that are not good at soldering and they like to use wrap wire or connector method as connection alternative.

So dear manufacturer when you read this take my advice into consideration...

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Postby CustomRifleScopesUK » 13 Jan 2018, 17:14

lightmesser wrote:I would just like that manufacturer pre solder lets say 22awg wire(or slightly thinner) with right color orientation on this unit... It would be easier to some guys that are not good at soldering and they like to use wrap wire or connector method as connection alternative.

Good find if your using cameras without privacy masking ( its a pitty you cannot make the crosshair yourself with the buttons ) have a chat with him, he may consider what you tell him if you don't ask you don't get :thumbup:

Texan

Postby Texan » 13 Jan 2018, 17:56

If you want to do your own search https://www.google.com/search?q=diydrones+minimosd&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTypDAv9XYAhWhmeAKHfOTBWIQ_AUIESgB&biw=1024&bih=638

You will need an Arduino to program and or control it.

If you look at http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/adding-extra-functions-to-minimosd there are over 4,000 posts on modding it. It uses mavlink drone signals, but it is open source code, so it can be modified. They also built a windows program to help with placement of displays and generating whatever graphics you want.

lightmesser

Postby lightmesser » 13 Jan 2018, 20:08

CustomRifleScopesUK wrote:
lightmesser wrote:I would just like that manufacturer pre solder lets say 22awg wire(or slightly thinner) with right color orientation on this unit... It would be easier to some guys that are not good at soldering and they like to use wrap wire or connector method as connection alternative.

Good find if your using cameras without privacy masking ( its a pitty you cannot make the crosshair yourself with the buttons ) have a chat with him, he may consider what you tell him if you don't ask you don't get :thumbup:

He even listen to me and now selling rewired versions for guys that don't like soldering :)

This is must for certain cameras and I don't know about you Splatty but I really don't see need for any better reticles than the one already listed in the unit...

Yes sure it would be nice... But I like ready available reticle selection. Plug and play and not plug and loose nerves on reticle creating :)

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Postby CustomRifleScopesUK » 13 Jan 2018, 20:21

I was just thinking that if you can adjust the crosshair lines like you can with privacy masking, you can work out your bullet drop over distance and place your drop lines accordingly, ive done it with a few of the cameras in my builds, it takes less time working out where to place your shot :thumbup:

lightmesser

Postby lightmesser » 13 Jan 2018, 20:31

I agree that would be nice feature :thumbup:

Return to “DIY Nightvision”