buying a ready to go bolt on nv kit

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
lanerboy

buying a ready to go bolt on nv kit

Post by lanerboy » 09 Feb 2018, 19:04

Hi All

Sorry I am sure this has been asked a million times but here goes anyway,

I want to buy a bolt on ready to go nv kit it needs to be good to go on either my sub 12ft pound hw100 air rifle and also my cz455 22lr rimfire, it will probably spend more time on the 22lr but I want to be able to swap it onto the hw100 now and then for some ratting fun.

My question is do I buy a kit made by members on here or do I buy a recommended manufactures kit I would presume I would get a better kit for less money from a builder on here but please advise me what you would buy and why.

I have seen kits advertised by a member on here "some bloke" not sure if this is what I need and which one I need or whether there is another builder on here I should go with.

Many Thanks

LB

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: buying a ready to go bolt on nv kit

Post by some bloke » 09 Feb 2018, 19:37

Hi LB, The 'bolt on' bit is a bit confusing in that dedicated rigs such as a Photon or Drone Pro are usually bolted on.

The rigs shown in post images by myself and Clive are 'ADD ON' types that are clamped onto onto the scopes already bolted to your rifle rails.

I know its only the way a reader reads your query but could you clear up which sort you mean so members know what to advise you about?

lanerboy

Post by lanerboy » 09 Feb 2018, 19:51

Hi

Yes sorry I meant add on type set up where I can fix it to my existing outfit and transfer it to other guns if required without too much hassle say 30 min from gun to gun

Thanks

LB

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 09 Feb 2018, 20:42

lanerboy wrote:Hi

Yes sorry I meant add on type set up where I can fix it to my existing outfit and transfer it to other guns if required without too much hassle say 30 min from gun to gun

Thanks

LB
Bugger - mine takes less than a minute to swap between scopes, but that means you need one of these in front of each turret so order an extra because only one is supplied with the rig: :angel:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-4mm-1-30m ... 1177729749

lanerboy

Post by lanerboy » 09 Feb 2018, 21:15

Yes just spent the last hr watching your YouTube channel and I am very impressed what size head would you recommend to buy for use on my rimfire

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 09 Feb 2018, 21:45

lanerboy wrote:Yes just spent the last hr watching your YouTube channel and I am very impressed what size head would you recommend to buy for use on my rimfire
Bless. :angel:

A 38mm one with a standard Chinese AS pill in the torch - or the Black Sun pill which will both outshine and outlast the Chinese pill at the extra £25.

lanerboy

Post by lanerboy » 09 Feb 2018, 22:45

So do your kits come with the standard pill???? but I can upgrade to a black pill for £25 can you supply this ???

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 10 Feb 2018, 02:49

lanerboy wrote:So do your kits come with the standard pill???? but I can upgrade to a black pill for £25 can you supply this ???
Yes and yes. Both are currently in stock. :angel: