Charging info please

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
jamess12345

Charging info please

Post by jamess12345 » 19 Feb 2018, 23:20

Hi I was wondering if someone could give me some information please. I am making an additional viewing screen for my NV device and am running it on 3 x 18650 batteries in series. To save having to remove them every time and charge them what are people using? I have seen pcb boards on ebay and assume that these can be used and have seen the wiring diagram for it and it looks easy enough, but what sort of supply is the board fed by? and where would I be able to buy the jack and socket from.

I have a few devices that I have purchased that run on 18650 batteries and they have always come with their own chargers that have a green or red bulb that shows you if its charging. Does the plug have the board built in or do the devices also have boards built in?

In short I need a plug that plugs into the wall at home and any hardware that makes my 18650 batteries charge in their housing.

Thanks in advance

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: Charging info please

Post by phoenix » 19 Feb 2018, 23:45

For 3 x18650 batteries in series (12V) then use these 2 amp chargers from EL Wirecraft
https://elwirecraft.co.uk/product/12v-r ... river-led/
They come with a standard 5.5x2.1mm connector so you only need a matching socket on your spotter to be able to charge your batteries in situ.
The light on the charger is red when charging and green when the batteries are fully charged (or when the charger is switched on but not connected to the batteries)

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

jamess12345

Re: Charging info please

Post by jamess12345 » 20 Feb 2018, 00:03

phoenix wrote:For 3 x18650 batteries in series (12V) then use these 2 amp chargers from EL Wirecraft
https://elwirecraft.co.uk/product/12v-r ... river-led/
They come with a standard 5.5x2.1mm connector so you only need a matching socket on your spotter to be able to charge your batteries in situ.
The light on the charger is red when charging and green when the batteries are fully charged (or when the charger is switched on but not connected to the batteries)

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks for the info