which add on

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
smeds

which add on

Post by smeds » 04 Mar 2018, 13:22

Hi everyone hoping you can help me i use the photon 6x50 but want to use a add on to my other rifles was looking at the ward 800 but looking on here i seam to have a problem my scopes i use are nikon pro staf BDC 3x9x50 4x12x40 and 3x9x50 mountmaster which on reading are not suitable for the ward 800 is there a add on out there which would work with my scopes that does not have a tv screen just works like the ward am hoping you can help me thank you Dave

warbucks

Re: which add on

Post by warbucks » 04 Mar 2018, 15:17

Hi Dave, the answer is NO.
What goes for one add on goes for them all, they all need parallel adjustment to focus with ANY n/v add on, and this really needs to be down to 10yd.

Dave (warbucks)

B&W FOX

Post by B&W FOX » 04 Mar 2018, 15:41

warbucks wrote:Hi Dave, the answer is NO.
What goes for one add on goes for them all, they all need parallel adjustment to focus with ANY n/v add on, and this really needs to be down to 10yd.

Dave (warbucks)
The Pulsar DFA75 does not need parallax adjustable scopes, works fine with a Walther, Baur, Nikon and Deben. The adjustment on the unit gives a crystal clear image not the scope. The only issue is you cant use high mag scopes x7 is about the max

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 04 Mar 2018, 16:17

Hmm - tricky because you don't say what your intended use or range is, so Dave is right to say no - but... your other rifles all have fairly low starting mags so you might drop lucky if its going to be used at sub 100 yards and reasonably low mags at a restricted depth of focus. Bunny bashing might well be dooable till you change scopes on some rifles.

If you are likely to buy a Wardy anyway can I suggest its worth at least a suck it and see gamble before moving some scopes on? Clive extends a refund offer if returned within a few days so all either of you lose is the cost of insured postage if you are unwilling to replace scopes.

I've done this with some buyers (When I kept a small stock) who said they were willing to buy other scopes anyway - who kept the rig. Here's what I did with a 6x38 non focusable Weaver Classic a few years ago - notice how the bug eye effect shows when its out of focus range but still usable for pest control. The IR was a tiny 501b, retical was slightly out of focus too and I got a bit carried away with the editing at the end. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgIeyowAAcs

smeds

Post by smeds » 04 Mar 2018, 16:46

Thank you Dave (warbucks) and B & W Fox and Some Bloke for your help answering this question for me. will have to think which way to go is the DFA 75 any good and somebloke it would be for foxing mainly 100 + thank you all again Dave

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 04 Mar 2018, 18:16

smeds wrote:is the DFA 75 any good
About two men in ten thousand seem to like it :D
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

B&W FOX

Post by B&W FOX » 04 Mar 2018, 18:26

sunndog wrote:
Have they really sold 10.000 of them, :lol:

B&W FOX

Post by B&W FOX » 04 Mar 2018, 18:47

The DFA75 will zero up the same as your Photon.
The tip is to set the zero function X on the DFA to align with your scopes centre ret then tighten the clamp unit. Your first shot at 100m will then only be a maximum of 75mm off the bull.
Align the cross over the shot as per the Photon and hit the set button....job done.
I used to swap the unit from a .243 to a .22rf with no loss of zero. I've since changed some bits around.
I have a Photon on a .22rf, the DFA75 is permanently attached to the .243 and I have a Ward 800 which I swap between a Hornet, 17hmr and a couple of other 22's.

The only downside with a Ward is it needs a scope with parallax adjustment......but not all of them will work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

smeds

Post by smeds » 04 Mar 2018, 19:49

Thanks B & W Fox I thought i would learn a lot on here i will look into DFA75 Thanks again for your help

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 04 Mar 2018, 20:29

B&W FOX wrote:
sunndog wrote:
Have they really sold 10.000 of them, :lol:

:lol: :thumbup:
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers