i.r relection

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
poppy mae

i.r relection

Post by poppy mae » 28 May 2018, 19:51

Image Not used the Wardy much since having one , only drawback was a little i.r reflection on higher mag , looked like a misty half moon, taped the mod etc , to totally solve the problem , made for another word a " diffuser " for the front of the scope , utalised the front cover off a Simmons scope , push on fit , so can be removed easily , just cut most of the front out left the bottom edge , tidier than a bit of tape ! Problem now solved ! Whilst at it turned a proper bush for the rear , now super tight push fit ! Not an original idea but may help someone else .... :thumbup:

poppy mae

Re: i.r reflection

Post by poppy mae » 28 May 2018, 19:54

Image Scope cover cut down

poppy mae

Re: i.r relection

Post by poppy mae » 28 May 2018, 19:55

By the way I.R Reflection :shh:

Trackerman

Post by Trackerman » 14 Aug 2018, 10:49

Nice solution.
I fixed my moderator reflection problem by fitting a sun shade extension to the scope. It casts a shadow over the moderator so no reflection.
I also lowered the IR source so it's closer to the scope, then moved it backwards closer to the stock, these changes also helped put a shadow from the scope over the moderator.

Tape over the object reduces a 50mm scope to something like a 44mm scope by blocking light. Not noticeable until you go to full zoom on the scope which I do frequently. So I opted for no tape.

Ray

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 14 Aug 2018, 15:10

Trackerman wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 10:49
Nice solution.
I fixed my moderator reflection problem by fitting a sun shade extension to the scope. It casts a shadow over the moderator so no reflection.
I also lowered the IR source so it's closer to the scope, then moved it backwards closer to the stock, these changes also helped put a shadow from the scope over the moderator.

Tape over the object reduces a 50mm scope to something like a 44mm scope by blocking light. Not noticeable until you go to full zoom on the scope which I do frequently. So I opted for no tape.

Ray
Agreed.
I found the best option was to double up the sunshade on the Hawke Endurance WA. Works fine on a 20" barrel + Wilcat Evo moderator, but I think it would need another sunshade extension for a longer barrel.

Trackerman

Post by Trackerman » 14 Aug 2018, 15:45

Yep, my Sako has a long barrel, I had to print a 3d shade extender.