Photon Extreme Lens Not Holding Zero

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
ANCB

Photon Extreme Lens Not Holding Zero

Post by ANCB » 20 Jun 2018, 23:29

Hello,
Ive been a long time lurker, and discovered the Photon Extreme mod through here, but me finding a decent lens is proving expensive. Ive gone through 3 now all of which would nudge the zero off on the horizontal whenever i adjust the focus. Literally a case of zeroing it, having a cuppa going back and its off. Put the OEM lens back on and its fine.

Although i'm fac air, i don't really increase range from a sub 12, im fac mainly for knock down power, so i'v stuck to 50mm/55mm so its not that im using a huge lens. My adapter is from the place linked in that huge sticky, so am i just very unlucky?

And what do i look out for, would a newly serviced lens guarantee me no shift, if its been relubed? Or do i just accept its hit and miss and take another punt?

Thanks.

Novice1

Re: Photon Extreme Lens Not Holding Zero

Post by Novice1 » 05 Jul 2018, 15:00

Only just now seen this post after setting out my similar problems with the xtreme conversion.

Come on folks, let us in on the secret to maintaining zero :D

fizzbangwhallop

Re: Photon Extreme Lens Not Holding Zero

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 06 Jul 2018, 10:05

I can recommend Dave ......

http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic ... ng#p137162

Nb the bit that he’s probably not there on a Friday...and mention that it’s for an nv scope so he uses a thicker grease.
:thumbup:
Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol: