Photon extreme questions

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
Brenten91

Photon extreme questions

Post by Brenten91 » 03 Jul 2018, 02:17

Hi i have a few questions about the photon extreme firstly the adapter are they still available from the store from the sticky and is the adapter the same from xt to rt.

Also im in Australia and have https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/AS-NEW-KIMUNO ... %7Ciid%3A1

Available on ebay i have not found mention of this brand used previously and wonder if anyone has experience with them or should i look out for a pentax lense.

Any help with this is much appreciated
Thank you

Kevgun

Re: Photon extreme questions

Post by Kevgun » 03 Jul 2018, 08:54

The adapter is the same for both, lens looks ok

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 03 Jul 2018, 11:11

Buy once, cry once.
That's a no name brand. Do a Google search and you will find references to 500mm long lens selling for $15 USD.
The glass has to hold up to recoil. The focusing mechanism on camera lenses is not designed to give POA = POI as it rotates, unlike the adjustment in a rifle scope, so you are hoping for the quality of the lens mechanism to be very high so there is no variation as it rotates.

The Takumar is a known quantity and with a little patience you should be able to get a mint one delivered from Banzailand for around $130.00 if you haunt Ebay.

Contact details for Griturns is in this thread:
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=12810

If you decide to go with a C mount lens, contact UKNVF member Mallow, he had his own design made by Griturns, which is superior to the original.

Brenten91

Post by Brenten91 » 04 Jul 2018, 01:39

Thanks il look for them instead looks like i can get them out of japan. Will just be a bit of a wait