New Cheap Camera

Show and tell for your homebrew nv projects. DIY 'Stickies' here too.
andy6149

New Cheap Camera

Post by andy6149 » 12 May 2013, 12:42

Been lurking around the site for a while building my own NV. My first two cams were ebay jobs (one CMOS the other CCD) - neither were great. Got an illuminator from sikastag (great job and a good bloke) but even with that was struggling to get 100 meters. And this week got a camera from RF Concepts - who are quite local to me. The camera I got was
http://www.cameras-cctv.com/bw-board_ca ... ard_1004XA

The board fitted into the casing of one of the cheapy cams perfectly - took it for a test and am amazed. With the illum on full zoom I measured 315 meters to a treeline (at 9x on the scope) - 220 meters in another field was no problem.

I dont know if it meets the quality of the watec - and I dont have a DVR to post a video. But its one worth looking at the quality looked perfectly good to me

Thanks again to Ian (sikastag) for the great illumator

sedstar

Re: New Cheap Camera

Post by sedstar » 13 May 2013, 03:18

what kind of LENS did you run?

standard screw in board lens? LIke, 12mm for scope view?

or, did you put the CS or whatever board mount on it, and get something better... inquiring minds want to know, lol...

(and, i gotta buy one of these silkastak illuminators, i hear too much about them not to...)
Well, I understand that, boys... but see, my CAT gets the silly idea you're making fun of HIM... then he gets, *really* mean...

andy6149

Re: New Cheap Camera

Post by andy6149 » 13 May 2013, 07:56

Lens is 16mm board type off ebay