Next best Night vision

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Davesniper

Next best Night vision

Post by Davesniper » 21 Feb 2018, 22:48

Well my mate has missed the boat not getting the Drone Pro when I told him he is currently useing n870 Lrf on his 22.250 3rd one apparently while under warranty. .anyway he is looking at other night vision scopes but I don't know of any on Parr with the Drone. ..said I would ask you guys just to check may be Bruce could answer this one...I did suggest the ward 800.
Dave.

Phil_Oxon

Re: Next best Night vision

Post by Phil_Oxon » 24 Feb 2018, 03:43

Davesniper wrote:Well my mate has missed the boat not getting the Drone Pro when I told him he is currently useing n870 Lrf on his 22.250 3rd one apparently while under warranty. .anyway he is looking at other night vision scopes but I don't know of any on Parr with the Drone. ..said I would ask you guys just to check may be Bruce could answer this one...I did suggest the ward 800.
Dave.
Try the Pulsar N355, I am very happy with mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 24 Feb 2018, 08:54

I don't think the gain in performance between his existing scope and the N355 would be worth it.
Pulsar quote a maximum detection range for the N870lrf of 450 yards and for the new N355 of 500 yards. Also, the N355 doesn't have a built in rangefinder.
There's nothing available at the moment that's a replacement for the Drone pro. The only thing that might do the job when it becomes available is the new ATN X Sight 4K Pro.
If your pal can wait to see how these perform when they become available in May/June then it's just possible his problem will be solved.
If the ATN is not up to the mark - and there's a possibility that it won't be, and if he's happy with a rear add-on, then a Ward 800 is the way to go.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 24 Feb 2018, 12:28

Look at the sales section.
Forum member Blueroll is selling a x10 Drone pro in excellent condition - tell your mate to buy it now!!

Cheers

Bruce

Phil_Oxon

Post by Phil_Oxon » 24 Feb 2018, 12:32

If the new ATN is the same design as the MK2, be aware that the battery compartment can cause a problem cocking a bolt action weapon. You can mount it higher but then the dynamics of your zero changes and you have to have an unnatural head position.
I find I don't need a range finder as my .223 is zeroed at 100y so no need to worry about anything between 50 and 200 yards.
I had a Wardy and could not get on with it. Nothing wrong with the kit, I just could not get on with a rear add on.
I switch my N355 between three different weapons as it has three different profiles. It's a great bit of kit, well worth a look and it works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 24 Feb 2018, 13:14

The new ATN has built in rechargeable batteries, but that's not to say that the bolt won't foul some part of the scope.

Cheers

Bruce

bobjs

Post by bobjs » 24 Feb 2018, 14:59

get him to buy bluerolls drone,

i have just purchased a immaculate spare drone pro 10x i think it will not be replaced in a long time,

just my opinion

but i will not be without mine...now i have 2.

bob.
known by many. liked by some. hated by a few.what would you do,who cares lets get out shooting
WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it.

http://lupusuk.org.uk/donate-now

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 24 Feb 2018, 18:37

Told him about blueroll Drone but he said I am to scared to spend that much... no warenty and no where to send if there is a problem...I can not blame him for that :thumbdown:

Spanner

Post by Spanner » 27 Feb 2018, 16:57

Absolutely, I have had a few Digi scopes Pulsars and a Drone and all have had issues. Can't believe the prices people are paying for SH Drone's when there is no back up support available.
Last edited by Spanner on 28 Feb 2018, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.

Mini Magnum

Post by Mini Magnum » 27 Feb 2018, 18:15

I have a Drone myself fitted to my .243, but most of the time I use one of Clives Ward 700 add ons, alongside a Dragonfly and I can identify and take shots out to silly ranges on full mag, I actually prefer it to the Drone...

As far as the N355 is concerned its just a rehoused N970, same lens, same sensor, same magnification, slightly different firmware..Its not in the same league as a Drone Pro regardless of what people say... if it was a higher native base magnification then it could be in with a chance alongside the extra features..

I would look at one of Clives rear add ons alongside a suitable scope and a decent torch, you can swap easily and use it from airgun upto centre fire, better than a N355 IMO.