ADDONIGHT

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
steve54

Re: ADDONIGHT

Post by steve54 » 20 Jul 2018, 07:07

cliveward wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 12:12
villaman wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 12:00
Can these units be repaired after the 1 year warranty runs out by ether Clive or CRS ?
We certainly can villaman.

Cheers

Clive
That's the re-assurance, that you won't get from the Chinese versions. :thumbup:
I have bought items from both Clive & CRS over the years, and i am happy with all items purchased .
From Clive; - Ward 800s, Adder Scope cam, batteries, and an additional Adder scope clamp
I have only bought non NV electrical items from CRS, - so cannot comment on the NV electrical products CRS sell.
I can say, that the items i have bought from Clive have been first rate. Also Clive is always there for sound advice, if needed.
Knowing that Clive will sort out any problems you may have with your units ( have had none as yet :D )- is the customer service i look for.
There is enough info on this topic for members to make their own decisions/choices, and purchase from whoever they feel gives
them the product/customer service they will accept.
Personally, - I am going to be sticking with Clive for my NV systems.
Steve.

CustomRifleScopesUK
TRADER MEMBER

Post by CustomRifleScopesUK » 21 Jul 2018, 13:00

Hi Guys,

I have not been on this website for a while as i have been away and still on holiday now, WOW we are now on double figures pages already :shock: .

I have been sitting on the evidence, that there was no one other than WANG ZHIKE who had produced the design for a while now, i did not want to publish it as I thought it best not to, but its already out so no harm me adding it ( I still have the original Design documentation on paper ). When the original unit I was selling came out, this original design was registered to a Chinese company, that had the above designers name on the registration. There are no ignorant excuses, clever wording or changes in future designs that will make the past event any thing other than a RUSE, to delay or stop me from selling this product in the UK when i first imported them.

it was an illegal act, FACT !

HOWEVER, the guy in question does have some fantastic products, i have always admired his gear, yes, the alterations that have been made by other sellers and ones that i may be implementing, will all be good.... his also! ......Its a great product whom ever you buy off, i probably will not be sticking my IP on alterations i ask them to do, as i think everyone should benefit !

As for the product, if anyone ever has any IP on future alterations, then they have a legal obligation to advertise it with evidence !

A few days ago, I got word that yet another two companies like ours are now arguing about yet another product IP infringement :crazy: I am not going to mention who, as its best left alone. So i have been thinking........I came to this business, not as a job, i came to it as a hobby, people should love their hobbies and not have to put up with all this, I have been trying to campaign to get prices down for years, being an engineer, i was disgusted knowing what goes into some of the units and the prices they were on sale for. I have worked hard, giving out free basic schematics so average joe bloggs can understand, giving away free prizes on my groups, helping people to build units from scratch so the less fortunate can enjoy the sport, and yes to make some money, in this modern world its hard to live without it.

I feel that some people are still not getting it, OUR SPORT IS DYING !!!!! :shock: !!!!! , the government is right now implementing more restrictions, more anti's are rallying together, as they have nothing better to do, too much time on their hands, never had to hunt or prepare food, most of them have not seen what its like to be in a war, I have! its even more scary when you cannot defend yourself. They don't fathom that our sport and the skills that wrap around it, protected them, protect live stock and help control the balance of nature. They are laughing at us, bickering over scraps of our ever declining sport. We should be rallying together, helping one another, making sure the next generation or shooters don't have these problems.

I have spent more time in China than most in in this forum, i can tell you that as a seller, our days are numbered, a few of the biggest market leaders are already closing the gap between manufacturer and buyer, soon there will be no middle man or need for one. If you think this is not true then just look at the changes that are being implemented already. I sincerely wish all our sporting companies well and hope we can get along better in the future as its a declining one for us.

Its not all doom and gloom, the prices will drop even more :thumbup: ......so my job is near at an end !

As for me......well i'm sorry to say guys, i may well be slowing down soon, going back to what I loved the most, Hunting, Helicopters and spending more time with my family, i will still be selling parts, making deals, designing crays stuff but not to the extent or suffering of my family anymore,
Got to get my priorities right.

I'm signing off this post now as -
I do not need to prove my innocents any longer and not having to be the one to do it, put an icing on my holiday cake !

Kind regards

Shane Ashley Platt

Customriflescopes.uk

steve54

Post by steve54 » 21 Jul 2018, 15:59

A very comprehensive post there Splatty. :think:
Good luck with your Hunting, Helicopters, and spending valuable time with the family :thumbup:
All the best.
Steve.

Coling

Post by Coling » 21 Jul 2018, 20:01

Your right it is a very compriensive review but also we will be loosing someone who can actually make a difference in the market place someone who sets standards if it wasn’t for these guys we wouldn’t be we’re we are now so for me this will be a sad loss to all of us “we need these guys” and always a shame when we loose them .
Regards
Colin

snoopy

Post by snoopy » 15 Aug 2018, 15:38

lol... here here.... here here... :wave: :lolno:

we went to china and it was copied? harkuth ..sy peeps i'm back on my meds .. :mrgreen:
'who is that masked man? its the kemosabby der..the bloody injun tells you every week!'

phatlad

Post by phatlad » 15 Aug 2018, 16:35

It's all smoke and mirrors... anyone here or elsewhere can contact the gentleman who owns the rights (patent or whatever words you want) .. only thing they say has changed is logo on start up and a bit about the scope adapter. There is no lawful or valid claim unless Mr.Ward would like to proove different of his claim about all other units for sale or available in either UK , Europe being dangerous .. because he declared he has tested them all. What tests did you do to make this phenomenal statement .. If you're aware of these being dangerous then you ought to morally share this not use it as a sales medium.

Best Wishes from some phat guy

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 15 Aug 2018, 17:08

I think he's referring to the inbuilt visible (red) laser (not the IR illuminator)
There may or may not be laser warning labels on the units depending where you buy from.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

phatlad

Post by phatlad » 15 Aug 2018, 17:14

So I will await a reply from the accuser not the defendent.. Is all the claim of dangerous items a sticker !! ?

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 15 Aug 2018, 17:55

I'm not defending Clive.
I bought an Addonight from CRS and not a Warden Adder from Clive.
However, anything that contains a laser is potentially dangerous and should have some form of warning attached to it.
Failure to have such a warning is taken very seriously by Trading Standards and lack of such warnings can lead to prosecution
I can however, confirm that the units sold by CRS do have such stickers attached.
Since I have not seen the units sold by Clive or Ludicrous lumens, I don't know if they have the relevant warning stickers attached

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Dave333

Post by Dave333 » 16 Aug 2018, 07:15

good point,and it is a valid one,but it doesnt make the unit 'dangerous'....just a bit of 'hair splitting' really,to try and gain an advantage over the competition (including the original manufacturer) and to justify selling it with a £200 price hike,i wonder how many people (especially on here) have fallen from that line of bull? ... In that case the Dragonfly laser torch is ILLEGAL,so is the latest DFK laser torch and the latest PBIR-L....none of them conform to the regulations in the UK for selling lasers to the public,the only one that does is the Solaris SRX from Torchfactory,the rest should be getting a visit from Trading standards any day now,after all,they have been selling ILLEGAL laser products havnt they? It just wont happen! Clives smoke and mirrors selling patter might have persuaded a few of his loyal customers to part with £200 more than they could have paid elsewhere,luckily it didnt work on the rest of the NV world,and it has made Clive look a bit silly. :thumbdown:
"he's not the messiah,he's a very naughty boy"