nite site

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
phillip

nite site

Post by phillip » 02 Apr 2017, 15:42

Hi I think this is the best place for this question to be answered , so a mate of mine got a nite site viper, and its prity good, but is there better out there for the money , as I think there quit expensive, vs Dave some bloke addon, , would it out perform the nitesite,using a black sun pill etc, and would image quality be clearer would like to see out 3 00 metres,,thanks again

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: nite site

Post by some bloke » 02 Apr 2017, 16:13

The some bloke add on is definitely more betterrer than the viper which is only declared suitable for 100 yards. :D

I'm using a different torch system these days - with options of a 67mm or 75mm lens head for the sort of range you are looking for.

phillip

Post by phillip » 02 Apr 2017, 16:32

Thanks Dave, yea have read good reviews about your builds, and wil be placing an order with u in month or two, is your prices on fb ,the 67 sounds good range ,,,,manythanks

phillip

Post by phillip » 02 Apr 2017, 16:38

And can I pick your brains, it wil be going on the Hawke airmax, would your camera stil be ok to push on ,with the ret adjuster sticking up, clearence etc ,manythanks again

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 02 Apr 2017, 18:41

phillip wrote:And can I pick your brains, it wil be going on the Hawke airmax, would your camera stil be ok to push on ,with the ret adjuster sticking up, clearence etc ,manythanks again
Prices are on the sales thread on this forum which I find much nicer to use than FB - and you get to read a fuller page of the topic being discussed rather than just a middle section with adverts and unrelated stuff either side of the page.

The collet chuck jaws clamp down more at the front of the adaptor than the rear so there is no issue with the slightly larger rubberised ocular adjuster.
However, I have a feeling the screwcap will be obstructed by the illuminated retical module on the eye bell so the adaptor may not slide on all the way up to the end stop behind the jaws.

phillip

Post by phillip » 03 Apr 2017, 06:10

Oh balls, lol , thanks for getting back to me, yea the illuminated ret switch is gona be a prob I think ,ill sort something ,thanks again