Snipercam fault ?

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
marcos58

Snipercam fault ?

Post by marcos58 » 17 Sep 2017, 12:00

Afternoon Gents.

Went out foxing with a friend with his snipercam on .223. He pulls the trigger and his screen goes black for 5 or 6 seconds ! Told him I should have brought my diy e700 addon , he he.he then turns the unit off and back on takes a second shot at the back stop same thing.
All thoughts or observations would most welcome as he is devestated .
Many thanks on steves behalf.
Regards.
Marcos.

marcos58

Re: Snipercam fault ?

Post by marcos58 » 24 Sep 2017, 17:53

Evening Gents,
Went with my friend to the range, put snipercam on .223 pressed record fired two rounds , perfect unit recorded no problem. My friend took snipercam off his rifle and gave it a serious shake , still working. He the repeated his live fire test and again no problem. We cannot understand why the unit blacked out at nighttime?
Ohh , Antony who sold him the snipercam has not responded to his Facebook message sent last Sunday .
Regards.
Marcos.

marcos58

Post by marcos58 » 08 Oct 2017, 16:00

Hi Gents,
Ho ho ho , no reply to my mate about his faulty snipercam from mr snipercam Antony four weeks now . My friend is now using my diy unit for fox control around release pens.
How does he get away with it ?
Regards.
Marcos.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 08 Oct 2017, 16:07

Because he bullshits people into believing that his kit is the greatest thing since sliced loaf.
I seem to remember that he was involved with this forum in it's early days but fell out with the other founders (something he's apparently very good at)
Maybe Geoff or someone else who was in at the beginning could enlighten us all (assuming the scars have healed!!!)

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 08 Oct 2017, 18:36

To put it bluntly Bruce he was away with the the fairies most of the time and when he wasn't he was will still a tosser,he had a reputation for being down right abusive and generally rude to people including quite a few members on here.
Eventually we decided he had to go so wished him a fond farewell,only things I've heard about him since have all been bad so no loss to the forum at all.
As for his after sales service or warranty think they were about as good as his attitude 'shite'

Geoff

marcos58

Post by marcos58 » 08 Oct 2017, 19:00

Evening Gents,
The reason for my post is I know he is dodgy , my occasional lamping mate Steve bought his snipercam on the back of recommendation on another forum despite my warnings. The post is a warning to all members , snipercam might work well but when it goes wrong tough titty .
Thanks and regards for all comments.
Marcos.

Clunge

Post by Clunge » 08 Oct 2017, 20:00

If the screen blank time is the same as the startup time, then it could be recoil causing a momentary 'off' for example by causing a lost contact in the battery compartment. if this is so, checking and tightening up the contacts might help. or moving the power supply off-board.

i don't know the snipercam, but that's my suggestion.

Nightowl

Post by Nightowl » 12 Oct 2017, 00:12

Silent Shooter wrote:To put it bluntly Bruce he was away with the the fairies most of the time and when he wasn't he was will still a tosser,he had a reputation for being down right abusive and generally rude to people including quite a few members on here.
Eventually we decided he had to go so wished him a fond farewell,only things I've heard about him since have all been bad so no loss to the forum at all.
As for his after sales service or warranty think they were about as good as his attitude 'shite'

Geoff
I think Geoff you summed up Mr snipercam very well
Tw-t comes to mind in my opinion , Forum members should
steer clear of him.!!!!
atb Brian

marcos58

Post by marcos58 » 13 Oct 2017, 23:42

Morning Gents,
Four weeks and no answer from you know who. Been out with Steve the previous night with an adapted home brew e700 with a 50 mm Vari focal lens , cost to build £150, just as good as snipercam , smaller, lighter and cheaper ! Only cannot record but has a video out for a recorder.
He is getting very poor reviews on his after sales service on another forum from people who bought from him and were alleged so called friends. Ludicrous lumens are making a unit as good as his, cheaper with after sales service.
Regards.
Marcos.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 14 Oct 2017, 00:35

Another member of this forum bought a Snipercam from him but returned it because it did not work as advertised.
That forum member had severe difficulty getting his money back and only succeeded after threatening Anthony with the Trading Standards people.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR