WARD OR ARCHER

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
B&W FOX

WARD OR ARCHER

Postby B&W FOX » 16 Jan 2018, 18:11

I'm putting my head on the block here as Clive is a site sponsor, but which would you go for.
I do already have a couple of digital units I'm happy with, but I would like something that is a bit easier to swap from one rifle to another.

So ARCHER or WARD 800 ??????????????????????????????????? :crazy:

Hutchey

Re: WARD OR ARCHER

Postby Hutchey » 16 Jan 2018, 21:02

Well cost is a huge factor here as Ward is around £800 and the cheapest Archer is around £1400 but nearer £2000 for a better one

B&W FOX

Postby B&W FOX » 16 Jan 2018, 23:39

The cost of the units is not as critical as buying the right unit first time round.

Ward or Archer ?

Mini Magnum

Postby Mini Magnum » 17 Jan 2018, 00:04

Ward, not affected by light, much shorter and lighter, doesn't affect eye relief at all, repairable, better after sales than starlight, use a Dragonfly or Black Sun Ruby and you can mag right up and take shots 300-400yds if you really wanted too.

warbucks

Postby warbucks » 17 Jan 2018, 11:10

WARDY

I owned a pvs 14 autogated pinnacle American gen3 for around 5 years (way better than an Archer), i used it as an add on, and also with a x3 military lens, when these's things are used as an add on, and you what to mag up, the scope lenses really rob it of light, there fore you need a powerful i/r, IMO these's new led i/r torches dont work with tubed add on's if you need to mag up over 6-8 mag, the picture just "whites out" this is possibily with the torches spilling light badly ?, IMO you need a laser and a very powerful one, i used a n1000 ap at the time as it was about the most powerful available, but a Dragonfly would be a better choice now.
(1)Tubed add on's give a better contrast/quarry shows up against the back ground better than it does with digital
(2) the battery/s last a lot longer.

For just about every thing else the Wardy has them beat, price performance, cheaper i/r's, short eye relief, none damaged by light, allows to shoot near partial light, 3 years transferable warranty, better back up than starlight.

Depending on what you want to shoot with it/them, IMO the best n/v for dedicated fox is the Drone Pro 10x, this will give you say 150 yds on a bad n/v night where in the same situation the wardy, or archer will have you going home early.

Dave (warbucks)

B&W FOX

Postby B&W FOX » 17 Jan 2018, 17:13

Dave & Mini Magnum
Thank you for your response.

I think I'm going to go for a Wardy, as I currently have two other digital NV scopes plus a digital spotter along with three NM800 IR's.
so I am sort of used to how digital units work and what to expect from them under differing conditions.
If it doesn't work out I can always chop it in for an Archer....or WT1 75-3 :roll:

Return to “General Nightvision”