Armasight Drone 10/15

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Re: Armasight Drone 10/15

Post by cliveward » 26 Jan 2018, 17:56

Hi all,

I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from Sure24. Excellent company to deal with. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 26 Jan 2018, 17:59

jackal1 wrote:
cliveward wrote:
jackal1 wrote: Or wait and see what Clive turns up with and whether its at least as good as a drone?
How long will the lead time be with Clive months, years?
We're looking at 3-4 weeks for a pre-production unit for final testing now. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

Specification?

Similar or better than a drone ?

Rough price?

How long before the first production run is finalised?
I'll start another thread nearer the time with the details.

Cheers

Clive

bobjs

Post by bobjs » 26 Jan 2018, 22:46

just my opinion.

no one will beat the drone/ carl moore in cost, performance in daylight and at night and customer service.

i don’t care much for the chit chat about who’s doing/selling what now, flir don’t care about the wee island we call home, there is not a big enough market here to keep it going. even if they rebadged it with flir on we just don’t generate enough of a market place,

but be sure of one thing, digital nv in the format of the drone has gone, all they want to do now is sell us their super over priced thermal crap,

i’ll go back to a lamp before i waste that kind of money on a pixelated pice of rubbish,

and i told flir this in an email today, i hope they flop in every new venture they try out,

bitter you fu**ing bet i am, the wee man never wins

bob
known by many. liked by some. hated by a few.what would you do,who cares lets get out shooting
WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it.

http://lupusuk.org.uk/donate-now

Gudge

Post by Gudge » 27 Jan 2018, 14:23

What concerns me is for all those who have spent their hard earned cash on a drone, which after the guarantee period is over won't be able to get it repaired. People like myself have only had it a couple of months and don't get that much useage out of it could see it faulty just after the two year period and are f**ked. £1900 down the drain!

Frustrated is an understatement!!

Gudge
Last edited by Gudge on 19 Feb 2018, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

Darren.R

Post by Darren.R » 27 Jan 2018, 14:42

sure24 wrote:Can I just clarify

We are supplying the Drone Pro direct from FLIR, the warranty is still 2 years and you will still get the support from us.

For those that are unaware we are main dealers for FLIR in their Thermal and NV ranges and have a longstanding relationship with them.
How will SURE24 honour the above two year warranty and support pledge, when the FLIR End of Life statement specifies that the last date to “initiate a spare parts order or a service order” is June of 2019?

Before making promises that SURE24 may not be able to meet, it would be prudent to establish ongoing availability of critical spares, where those spares are to be located (where the Drone Pros have to be sent for repair) and what the repair timescale will be.

Given that FLIR will be winding down production of not only whole units, but individual components too and that this situation will affect consumers in a number of different countries, I wouldn’t be surprised if some components of the Drone Pro became unavailable before mid 2019.

Rgds,
Darren R

Keefer

Post by Keefer » 27 Jan 2018, 15:48

The likelihood is that Flir bought Armasite to eradicate the competition they posed. Armasite already used Flir cores in their products. So eradicate their sales and you get their customers. When you look at the products Flir have dropped I think it bears this out. Flir is a billion dollar company. One thermal camera for an Apache attack chopper equates to thousands an thousands of Drones. Putting us well down the pecking order of their worries. Digital night vision is useless to them. In the States you can have the best tubed and thermal there is. I understand the US is to relax some ATAR regs. Spotters above 9 hz will be available to us. The end purchaser will be linked to the serial number and if it ever turns up in the wrong hands you get a visit from the guys in dark glasses. Flir already do a camera very similar to the Helion 60 hz . It appears Mr Trump feels it restricts the US economy a tad. They will never export weapon sights worth having to us though. The German connection for back up is not in place and may not happen so as it stands it’s Return to US only for everyone. I don’t think Carl will be able to give any support and it’s not his fault.Flir are in bed with Ruag big time and will be on their stand at the BSS so we can all go and find out for sure what’s going on. I see no sign of Carl’s stand at the show on Webb site though. I think all Drone owners are in the sh1t. Many have been back to Carl and it’s only his exclent service and him subserdising the drone that ever made it possible. Without him it would have fell at the first hurdle. We have all fell victim to the latest happenings but none more than Carl. He always said there was no money in the drone it just cost to much to produce. Clive is a manafacturer he knows exactly what I mean to a company like Flir it’s a bloody pain. Civilian NV of all kinds just doesn’t have a big enough market especially for products of that quality and to companies like Flir.

Be an interesting shooting show.
‘‘Tis better to have Droned and lost than never to have Droned at all :-)

Darren.R

Post by Darren.R » 27 Jan 2018, 16:13

All across the nation, Drone Pro owners are now handling their scopes like new born babies...

Atb,
Darren
Last edited by Darren.R on 29 Jan 2018, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 27 Jan 2018, 19:50

It might be interesting for Carl to let us know what the most common faults are on the Drones he's had back for repair.
I have a funny feeling that it is mainly bad connections with connections between components rather than faulty components (e,g camera and display)
If that's the case, then keeping the Drone going for a good while might not be that difficult.
IMHO it is a well designed and well made bit of kit and I see no reason that they cannot continue to provide good service for many years to come.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Coling

Post by Coling » 28 Jan 2018, 15:13

If I know people like I know people I would have put money on that Carl is watching this thread with extreme interest , now that brings me to another point why would he not answer emails phone calls ect .
Flir have bought armasight out but that’s not your fault and crap happens but have at least have the decency to give an explanation to the guys that have given you the praise of being a company that has had a second to none service but now sadly falls down when people are reaching out with worries and questions.
Cards on the table please Carl and give some satisfaction to the guys that have bought from you because of the reputation you have please

Rammer

Post by Rammer » 28 Jan 2018, 15:57

Worrying times ,buying the drone was big step for me ,a lot of money ,mine is out of warranty but after some teething problems blank screen, always felt Carl would be there if suffered further problems,but now what? do we all stick with the drone and hope for the best or try sell them at must be a reduced value,with non existent back up etc , fed up doesn’t come close
Come on Carl you’ve had the money say something even if it’s out of your hands at least help us to fight our own corner if we have further problems
Lee