Armasight Drone 10/15

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
warbucks

Re: Armasight Drone 10/15

Post by warbucks » 28 Jan 2018, 16:32

Carl, you are regarded by myself, and a lot of other's as the best respected n/v dealer out there, this is through years of first class service (for myself you have been more than fair) to a lot on here you are regarded as a "God", most people are reluctant to come on here and say anything against you, but i do think you should come on here and "put your cards on the table", if its too sore then perhaps some one from your company.
Quite a few of the lads that's bought the Drone Pro's off you have taken there selves to the limit money wise.
Don't think anyone is suggesting its your fault, my feeling is you have been kicked in the nuts -----just come on here and explain please, i do think you owe us that with all respect.

Dave (warbucks)

Mk3HuntsmanSam

Post by Mk3HuntsmanSam » 28 Jan 2018, 20:55

I’m sure there will be independent electronic engineers who will be able to repair most faults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stacka

Post by stacka » 28 Jan 2018, 21:32

I knew the Armasight/Flir deal was going south a long time ago.

No one wanted it, not even Scott Country and they will take anyone on. Other than the limited number Sure 24 will sell I’m pretty sure Armasight are done in this country.

I was going to work on a project with them in regards to licencing a thermal product for the European market. I.e non ITAR. But they were pretty unworkable.

The new sales rep (I won’t mention him) doesn’t understand the UK market in regards to shooting sports.

To be honest if you don’t want Pulsar kit, Clive Ward covers most bases. The Thermal scopes are very good and well priced, the tubed scopes are amazing and again well priced.

I think it’s great Sure 24 have taken on the back log, I know they will roll out infinate better customer service than Carl ever did.

To quote my old boy, “your only as good as your last battle, and even then you need to keep your ground”

I’m not being a dick, just saying it from the way I see it in the industry.

Rammer

Post by Rammer » 29 Jan 2018, 07:31

Will sure have the capability ,backing to repair the drone in-house? Or simply going to be acting as middle men ,most faults with drone mine included seem to be loose connections
Lee

stacka

Post by stacka » 29 Jan 2018, 08:04

Rammer wrote:Will sure have the capability ,backing to repair the drone in-house? Or simply going to be acting as middle men ,most faults with drone mine included seem to be loose connections
Lee
There is a repairs centre I believe in Germany.

sure24

Post by sure24 » 29 Jan 2018, 09:38

The repair structure for the foreseeable future is based on the use of the centre in Germany, but as a FLIR dealer we are also exploring the options around the repair of units in house in the UK.

As for spares, we have been advised there is a good stock of spares in the German centre and some parts from the Drone Pro are still to manufactured for other devices in the range as they are standardised between units.
Stu - Account Manager SURE24
http://www.sure24.co.uk
stu@sure24.co.uk
01949 836 990

Rammer

Post by Rammer » 29 Jan 2018, 12:21

That’s make me feel a little better about keeping my now out of warranty drone thanks for taking time to answer some of our fears, unlike some
Lee

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 29 Jan 2018, 14:05

Sure 24, credit where its due, you do seem to be trying.
Think most DP owners will be looking to have their DP's repaired in this country if that is possible, we have heard stories of 6 months or more for Pulsar stuff that's had to go out of this country.

Dave (warbucks)
Last edited by warbucks on 29 Jan 2018, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

rodp
A bad influence

Post by rodp » 29 Jan 2018, 17:02

Has anyone considered that Carl may not have an answer yet? Perhaps he's waiting for an answer before he commits himself on here.

"Sometimes 'tis better to remain silent and look a fool rather than speak and remove all doubt"

Just saying like.
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"

Silent Shooter
FOUNDER

Post by Silent Shooter » 29 Jan 2018, 18:13

rodp wrote:Has anyone considered that Carl may not have an answer yet? Perhaps he's waiting for an answer before he commits himself on here.

"Sometimes 'tis better to remain silent and look a fool rather than speak and remove all doubt"

Just saying like.
Totally agree Rod it’s way to early to make judgements of any kind,very frustrating for a lot of members I know but please don’t judge the man yet.

Geoff