A good dvr recorder to use with a Yukon Ranger

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Scratch

A good dvr recorder to use with a Yukon Ranger

Post by Scratch » 31 Jan 2018, 00:31

Hi Night Vision People :wave:

Am looking for some decent advice on Dvr recorders if possible. A few months back i purchased a Yukon Ranger Night Vision scope with the intention of eventually making videos of my use of it. The problems i am having achieving this seem to be increasing as the more time passes lol.

I'll start from the beginning with an explanation of what i am looking for. Here goes.... I need some advice on Dvr recorders that are suitable to use with the Yukon Ranger. What i'm really looking for is to be able to record what i see with the scope as well as real time audio, as in live commentary. The main aim of all this is because i want to post my findings on YouTube.

It seems finding truthful answers for my inquiries are very hard to find. I have found a few Dvr recorders, but when i contact the sales people who are selling them, they do not seem to have a clue of the true capabilities of what they are selling. They seem to just say whatever they need to to make a sale. This has been so frustrating that i am near the end of my patience with it all and am very close to giving up and selling the scope.

The Dvr's that seem to be most available are the Angel Eye type. But i keep reading bad reports on them. Also, i still haven't managed to get a straight answer as to whether or not i can record audio along with recording video at the same time. I ask the sellers and they say yes it is possible. But then i see people saying elsewhere that it isn't possible. And without spending the money and maybe wasting money i really do not know who to trust or which answers are the correct answers.

Obiously i know that the Angel Eye camera has a built in mic, but as you can probably see, i'm not looking at using the camera that comes with any Dvr. I want to be able to connect my Yukon Ranger as the camera as such. This is where the audio problem seems to hit a brick wall.

Firstly, a friend of mine pointed out that if the Dvr is made to power a cam, like the button cams that are supplied with them, then maybe this could damage the Yukon Ranger? This i am not sure of. But i really don't want to take the risk of wrecking my scope. But even if i could use the Yukon Ranger with this dvr, how could i connect a mic to it for recording what i am seeing through the scope? Not all Dvr's have built-in mics. Actually, very few do. And some that even say they do, do not.

I've hunted all over the planet for Dvr's. The prices differ hugely. Yet most of the Dvr's seem to be the same Dvr just with a different name or model number. These are the ones that i have seen on my hunt......

Angel Eye KS-750A. (cheap and cheerful. But every time i find one, there are differences to other Angel Eye Dvr's i've previously found. So many different versions i have no idea which is which or which is best :yawn: )

PV110 (only seems to be available from China. also have spoken to the sales team and i can't follow their English lol. So finding out if i can record audio and video while using the scope is impossible, trust me, i've tried :crazy: )

420 TVL (but doesn't seem to be available anymore :thumbdown: )

Yukon MPR Mobile Recorder for DNV Ranger Series (but some people are saying this is basically the same Dvr as the Angel Eye, just 3 times more expensive :wtf: )

ARCHOS AV700 Mobile Digital Video Recorder (i bought one of these. Needs a £30 adaptor aswell as being a very dated piece of equipment. One i bought didn't even power on and had to send it back... Not using one of these no-matter what :think: ).

MDVR Night Vision Mini DVR (looks identical to the PV110 but the price is 3 times more expensive :roll: )

Mini DVR H720 *HDVR * (seems to be the best option from all i have found. But again, the prices are all over the place :oops: )

So there you have it. All these Dvr's, yet i still am none the wiser to what is suitable and best for my needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If i have to hunt anymore with no clue, i'm gonna be bald in no time :lolno:

Sorry to be an awkward pain. But hopefully someone can see why i'm just a bit fed-up with this mission.

Cheers Peeps,
Scratch :clap:

Rammer

Re: A good dvr recorder to use with a Yukon Ranger

Post by Rammer » 31 Jan 2018, 07:31

Firstpersonview for pv110 dvr easy to deal with
Lee

Scratch

Post by Scratch » 31 Jan 2018, 14:22

Rammer wrote:Firstpersonview for pv110 dvr easy to deal with
Lee

Thanks Lee. I shall go and take a look right now. Much appreciated.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 31 Jan 2018, 16:27

The first person view DVR is the PV110 - which does have an internal microphone. :thumbup:

But I don't think FPV handle them any more.

Scratch

Post by Scratch » 01 Feb 2018, 20:05

some bloke Thanks for the extra info about the PV110. That's handy to know about the internal mic. Just a shame because like you said, FPV don't seem to deal with these units anymore. I couldn't find any dvr's on their site. Well, not the sort i'm looking for anyway. I'll just have to keep looking around and waiting for any help on here. Again, thanks for your comment, appreciated :thumbup:

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 01 Feb 2018, 20:12

If you happen to go for a Lawmate - which are the expensive best of the bunch, Clive Ward might be up for making you a custom DVR cable with a mike built into it. He has posted up about it here and on FB today.

Scratch

Post by Scratch » 01 Feb 2018, 22:03

some bloke

That sounds like it could be the best option to be honest. I'll take a closer look at the Lawmate. I did come across them a couple of months back. I seen the cost and thought it was a bit pricey. But it looks like that could be justified after the grief i've had trying to find exactly what i'm after my own lol. Thanks again for the help. You're a good 'un :clap:

Scratch

Post by Scratch » 08 Feb 2018, 12:01

Just a quickie............ Is a PV 500 Lite 3 suitable for my scope? i've found one. I just wanna make sure i aint gonna blow my scope up if i plug it in. Says it powers cams...... but im not sure if these are ok on my scope.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 08 Feb 2018, 13:37

Hi Scratch,

The PV500 EVO 2U is the one to go for if you want absolute quality, but you would need a mic cable made up to suit the Ranger.

Personally I think you will find the PV110 mentioned the best for your application.

Cheers

Clive

Scratch

Post by Scratch » 08 Feb 2018, 23:03

Hi cliveward,

Thanks for your post. There are a few Evo 2's about. Look like a nice bit of kit. I called Lawmate themselves earlier just to find out more info on the one i was looking at. Also have a contact there now if i do get a Lawmate and need any advice or spares, which would come in handy. As for the PV110, i will admit, they look very similar to the Lawmate's, and if i could find one at a reasonable price, i could be interested. Trouble is, i cannot seem to find any for sale anywhere....... Unless i wanna deal with the people that i chatted to before about them (in China). We didn't seem to understand what eachother of us was saying lol. So i gave up with that idea. :lol: If you know of any for sale, i'd appreciate pointing me in the right direction :lolno: I shall keep looking about for now. But i have a feeling i'm no more than a week or so away from buying something.......... i just have no idea which yet. Thanks again Clive, much appreciated

Scratch