ATN X-sight 4K Pro - Night Videos ??

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
paulham

ATN X-sight 4K Pro - Night Videos ??

Post by paulham » 06 Feb 2018, 18:39

Has anyone noticed that the ATN X-sight 4K Pro was announced at the Shot Show this year, ATN "Pro staff" have had them for a while but no night videos have been uploaded?

One of the prostaff guys in the UK has mounted it to his 243 but the first night he took it out there was too much fog and since then the farmer has been lambing so he needs to control the foxes with his other rifle and his HD V2.

Sounds fishy to me. Perhaps ATN have banned them from uploading videos ?
Any ideas?

paulham

Re: ATN X-sight 4K Pro - Night Videos ??

Post by paulham » 06 Feb 2018, 21:09

Here are 2 screenshots from a post I saw on Facebook. Names and avatars hidden for privacy.ImageImage

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 06 Feb 2018, 21:15

Hi Paul,

More economy of truth from ATN on this one again I'm afraid.

It's a 4K sensor but won't display in 4K in the eyepiece, nor will it record in 4K. :roll:

The benefit of the 4K sensor is to maintain detail while digital zooming during the day until it runs out of crop and starts to pixellate.

However at night it will do what the current X-Sight does, which is to combine a group of pixels output to create one much larger virtual pixel for the IR sensitivity which makes the night time resolution quite poor while still not being as sensitive as the sharper standard resolution CCD and CMOS sensors used in every other digital NV device in the world. :lol:

I will wager that it's pretty good during the day, but quite woeful at night. Hopefully with the new whizz bang processor it won't have what seems like days of lag between the input and output.

Cheers

Clive

paulham

Post by paulham » 06 Feb 2018, 21:28

cliveward wrote:Hi Paul,

More economy of truth from ATN on this one again I'm afraid.

It's a 4K sensor but won't display in 4K in the eyepiece, nor will it record in 4K. :roll:

The benefit of the 4K sensor is to maintain detail while digital zooming during the day until it runs out of crop and starts to pixellate.

However at night it will do what the current X-Sight does, which is to combine a group of pixels output to create one much larger virtual pixel for the IR sensitivity which makes the night time resolution quite poor while still not being as sensitive as the sharper standard resolution CCD and CMOS sensors used in every other digital NV device in the world. Image

I will wager that it's pretty good during the day, but quite woeful at night. Hopefully with the new whizz bang processor it won't have what seems like days of lag between the input and output.

Cheers

Clive
Thanks for your reply.

It seems that people in the UK are unhappy with their v2 ATN's but I haven't seen a bad review from anyone in the USA.
Is that because the quarry in the USA is alot bigger than the small foxes we are used to shooting in the UK.

I am interested to look through one of these scopes.
Perhaps they will be at the shooting show?

RimmaWiste

View first unread post

Post by RimmaWiste » 07 Feb 2018, 23:06

we have lots of web space to upload photographs directly in the forum gallery. So why you do not post directly in the forum?

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: View first unread post

Post by phoenix » 07 Feb 2018, 23:53

RimmaWiste wrote:we have lots of web space to upload photographs directly in the forum gallery. So why you do not post directly in the forum?
Which forum?

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 10 Feb 2018, 06:48

What he said.

RimmaWiste, this forum does not have unlimited bandwidth and therefore relies on off site image hosting.

I see that was your first post. How about an introduction with your interests and expertise in the Chatterbox forum.

paulham

Post by paulham » 16 Feb 2018, 12:15

Someone posted from the British shooting show today Image

dogfox1

Post by dogfox1 » 16 Feb 2018, 20:52

Loads of people went specifically to look at the new 4K products, so good they couldnt see them as well.

Disco_GT3

Post by Disco_GT3 » 16 Feb 2018, 22:04

Was there nothing anywhere to say they wouldnt be there on the Friday? Assuming they are there Sat/Sun.

Quality PR on their part - piss off loads of potential customers with a no-show - well played!