Ludicrous-Lumens LL "Vulpine" near eye display add on n/v £449

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
warbucks

Ludicrous-Lumens LL "Vulpine" near eye display add on n/v £449

Post by warbucks » 08 Feb 2018, 16:22

Hi Lads, just been looking at the above ok its not a "Wardy" but i would think for the price its a welcome new addition to the n/v market ie in between the tv screen jobs and the £800 "Wardy's", looks to have a better day scope adapter than the wardy.

What do you think for the money.

https://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/coll ... 9511767091

Dave (warbucks)

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: Ludicrous-Lumens LL "Vulpine" near eye display add on n/v £449

Post by phoenix » 08 Feb 2018, 16:31

If you have a rifle with adjustable comb and possibly length then it might be fine. On a standard stock it might be a bit of a stretch to get you eye in the right place and still get a decent cheek weld.
However, at that price, it's a welcome addition to the market.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 08 Feb 2018, 16:45

The "Snipercam" worked with the eye display above the scope/dsa, i did try one and i had no problems with getting my eye in line (not that i liked the Snipercam, i hated it)------- this could be a very good entry level n/v kit ?

Dave (warbucks)

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 08 Feb 2018, 17:39

I don't comment much on specific rivals kit but this one looks better built than many I've seen and he's dipped his hand deeper in his pockets than most.

I think it looks a respectable half way alternative for those disliking monitor type rigs who will deal with minor discomfort to get their eye nearer behind a scope at lower costs than WDV. Looks like the user will still raise his eye a similar amount above the ocular as a monitor type rig though.

It'll be interesting to know the length it extends eye relief to avoid centrefire recoil eye smack whilst still being close enough to view the screen. That issue doesn't occur with monitor builds which he also makes.

Fair play to the man for upping his game - there has been a gap in the market which he looks to have sorted.

Chrissmith0881

Post by Chrissmith0881 » 09 Feb 2018, 11:53

A mate of mine uses the LL700 from ludicrous lumes and the picture i think is very good. I tried a ward and unfortunatly i didnt get on with it personal preference but i have ordered one of these units so will see what its like if its anywhere near as good as the LL700 it will be brilliant look forward to trying it.

Cheers

Chris.

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 09 Feb 2018, 12:28

Chrissmith0881 wrote:A mate of mine uses the LL700 from ludicrous lumes and the picture i think is very good. I tried a ward and unfortunatly i didnt get on with it personal preference but i have ordered one of these units so will see what its like if its anywhere near as good as the LL700 it will be brilliant look forward to trying it.

Cheers

Chris.
It will be good to hear your feed back on this Chris, i know Richard uttings has given a good review on one of the LL tv screen n/v's, i wouldn’t be surprised if it performs "as well as" the Wardy's.

Dave (warbucks)