Drone pro

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Kevgun

Re: Drone pro

Post by Kevgun » 14 Feb 2018, 16:56

That was the same problem i had, and mine is mounted on a T3 Supervarmint with a factory rail which is bonded on. Just kept shifting up and down.

Darren.R

Post by Darren.R » 14 Feb 2018, 17:08

Kevgun wrote:Hi Darren, if you look at the Drone 15 it had an additional support for the Front Lens almost like a scope ring with a small pillar underneath, i just machine up a aluminium ring with a ID of 46.17mm which is the diameter of the lens on the Drone 10 just in front of the focus control,

I then cut the ring in half to form a scope mount then i make up a pillar or bracket and attach it to the mount part that fits to the rifle, i have done 3 now and they all work ok, the only issue i can see which did not worry me, when drilling a 5 mm countersunk hole in the bottom mount it might void the warranty,
but i would argue that the Drone 15 already has the hole. In my opinion the Drone 10 should have had this anyway i wonder how many are used in the Forward position, this mod only works when the scope mounted in the rearward position.

I did get very frustrated with it, and almost sold it on, but i wouldn't want somebody else having the same problems as i did. I know there was backup
and i did speak to Carl, but it's a pain sending it backwards and forwards, so i thought i would sort it myself.

i use 4mm Stainless steel bolts and keep the original nuts and torque down to 3.5nm i can take it off the rifle now ,then fit it back on and it shoots within .5moa so good enough.

Kevgun
Nice engineered solution!

For the last 18 months I've used the DP in its forward position with no issues at all; I guess I'll soon know if moving to the rear mount position generates an issue for me...

If it does cause a problem, I'll either need to re-position the DP forward and buy an extended steel rail; or ask a nice forum member to make one of his engineered solution thingies for me (at a price of course)! :D

Thanks for the mount bolt type and Nm info, much appreciated :thumbup:

Cheers,
Darren.

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 14 Feb 2018, 23:10

Replied to your pm Darren.