Clives drone replacement.

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Tikka.243

Re: Clives drone replacement.

Post by Tikka.243 » 02 Jun 2018, 10:16

Tikka.243 wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 07:59
No not on ATN pay roll. Just think that such negative observations should have evidence to support them.

As I say the 4k pro is not even on sale in the UK yet, I am told the firmware/software is dedicated to the UK market.

Certainly when I visited ATN they have made a significant investment in the UK some 30 staff in a modern building and came across sincere
in wanting to deliver a product fit for purpose.

ATN will not be the first or last to put a product on the market that should have worked properly from the start just ask a certain bank re software.

We can all judge the 4k pro once we have them, certainly Clive's offering will be the benchmark to measure them against.

cheers
John.
Well I do hope it works out well for the 30 staff in question. Pity Mr Trump didn't think about peoples jobs before slapping import taxes on the EU. :thumbdown:

Post by .270 » 02 Jun 2018, 10:26

AnthonyR wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 09:54
ATN should be judged by their previous efforts until proven otherwise IMO..........
Bloody useless then. uncle in the USA has one a 4k pro, said it is like looking through the bottom of a glass bottle. And has problems with POA Drift. Why is the Software/Firmware different for the UK market, would it not be the same for the whole World. Perhaps the rest of the world has crossed eyes. :crazy: :lol:

Tikka.243

Post by Tikka.243 » 02 Jun 2018, 11:34

I certainly wont be spending nearly £1000 of my hard earned testing another product for ATN be it good or bad. The longer Clive takes to bring out his latest NV offering the better in my opinion. It means its been thoroughly tried and tested in the good old UK conditions.

Post by .270 » 02 Jun 2018, 11:56

Tikka.243 wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 11:34
I certainly wont be spending nearly £1000 of my hard earned testing another product for ATN be it good or bad. The longer Clive takes to bring out his latest NV offering the better in my opinion. It means its been thoroughly tried and tested in the good old UK conditions.
Spot on mate I think the same as you. :thumbup:

John_fes

Post by John_fes » 02 Jun 2018, 12:28

AnthonyR wrote:
ATN should be judged by their previous efforts until proven otherwise IMO..........
Exactly the point I think I was trying to make and until we have one to test how do we really know?

I certainly would not want to sell a product that is going to keep returning with problems like a Boomerang but will keep
An open mind until I get one on a rifle and out in the field.

The specification looks good and I have looked through one it is certainly nothing like looking through the bottom of a glass bottle. As for poa shit etc only use will tell.

Tikka.243

Post by Tikka.243 » 02 Jun 2018, 13:14

John_fes wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 12:28
AnthonyR wrote:
Exactly the point I think I was trying to make and until we have one to test how do we really know?
I think you need to re-read AnthonyR's post. :lol:

John_fes

Post by John_fes » 02 Jun 2018, 14:25

Tikka.243 wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 13:14
John_fes wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 12:28
AnthonyR wrote:
I think you need to re-read AnthonyR's post. :lol:
I read AnthonyR's post as; and I will be kind, that ATN previous offering have not been good, and that's how they should currently be judged until proven otherwise.

Thanks every one for your comments, clearly ATN have a lot to do to turn round current opinion of their products.
We can live in hope that they have got a good scope with the 4k pro, but as I have said only by trying one can we really evaluate it, but if no better than the previous offerings then certainly I for one will not be selling them.

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 02 Jun 2018, 15:09

Tikka.243 wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 10:16
Tikka.243 wrote:
No not on ATN pay roll. Just think that such negative observations should have evidence to support them.

As I say the 4k pro is not even on sale in the UK yet, I am told the firmware/software is dedicated to the UK market.

Certainly when I visited ATN they have made a significant investment in the UK some 30 staff in a modern building and came across sincere

ATN will not be the first or last to put a product on the market that should have worked properly from the start just ask a certain bank re software.

We can all judge the 4k pro once we have them, certainly Clive's offering will be the benchmark to measure them against.

cheers
John.
Well I do hope it works out well for the 30 staff in question. Pity Mr Trump didn't think about peoples jobs before slapping import taxes on the EU. :thumbdown:

Mr Trump was thinking about peoples jobs when he slapped the import tax on, American peoples jobs, which is what a president should be doing.

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 02 Jun 2018, 15:09

Tikka.243 wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 10:16
Tikka.243 wrote:

cheers
John.

Mr Trump was thinking about peoples jobs when he slapped the import tax on, American peoples jobs, which is what a president should be doing.

Muskett

Post by Muskett » 02 Jun 2018, 15:22

ATN, has a history of bringing half baked products to the market. Flamed both sides of the pond. If it wasn't for their advertising hype that persists then no one should believe anything they say.

The market has moved on. Heck Pulsar have made huge efforts to improve their service and support, well done them.

Basically ATN has a whole lot of catching up to do, and a lot of bad history to put right first.