Clives drone replacement.

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Muskett

Re: Clives drone replacement.

Post by Muskett » 02 Jun 2018, 15:55

Protectionism in the long run is bad.
America car industry is in such bad way because for far too long the industry was propped up with subsidies. So poor design, wasteful investment on old models of thought, poor practices persisted, until the whole pack of cards fell.

Trump is more about shaking things up. Its all a bit blunt, a good bit badly thought through. Much will have to be reversed, but there are a lot of area where a lot of bad business abuse was going on. Things like software and technology theft, copyright and much more. China and others all taking the mick.
Maybe when the dust settles some corrections might happen to some of the more blatant selective abuses.

Trump policy is all very ugly and ungainly, but at least its got people thinking about it all. Again protectionism and subsidies are poor practice but when others are playing the same game so blatantly (China) and doing other antics to undermine competition (German car emissions scandal) then it probably is time to make same waves. Heck it goes both ways, what was Boeing giving grief on the Bombardier Canadian plane made in Northern Ireland when Boeing doesn't even compete in this type??
Big subject.

Anyhow, our NV kit is but a spin off from other things. Just great we get toys we want.

scirroco

Post by scirroco » 02 Jun 2018, 16:58

Atn is also known for extremely bad customer service,
Wouldnt even entertain there products,
Rgds steve

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 03 Jun 2018, 16:05

Hi All,

Put some photos and video in our section of the forum. :thumbup:

On the mag issue it's the best of both worlds. The lens / sensor combination gives a very decent field of view and the large high resolution 1024x768 OLED gives a large image / target to aim at.

You should be able to put the dot of the reticule on the vitals of an average sized fox at 300 yards quite easily.

Cheers

Clive

camo304

Post by camo304 » 03 Jun 2018, 20:11

Clive is this the same scope in action from E-O ? i see there Thermal is using the 1024x768 OLED :thumbup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... hhzxEE7DVE

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 03 Jun 2018, 20:38

camo304 wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 20:11
Clive is this the same scope in action from E-O ? i see there Thermal is using the 1024x768 OLED :thumbup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... hhzxEE7DVE
Nope. Everything's changed.

Cheers

Clive

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 11 Jun 2018, 18:59

Clive, just a question prompted by a discussion on another thread.

In the event of a problem with your new digisight, who would undertake the warranty repairs?
Would it be yourselves and if so do you carry a full range of spares and test equipment plus the manpower to deal with it?
Or , is it a back to China job and a lengthy wait for it to be turned round?

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 11 Jun 2018, 20:31

As with all our products, we handle any warranty work required directly, in-house, here in the UK. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 11 Jun 2018, 22:46

cliveward wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 20:31
As with all our products, we handle any warranty work required directly, in-house, here in the UK. :thumbup:

Cheers

Clive

Excellent, good to hear. :thumbup:

Jeff8861

Post by Jeff8861 » 12 Jun 2018, 15:07

Hi folks need some help with a bit of a dilemma I’m looking at purchasing some night vision and have been interested in the following systems. Xsight4k pulsar n355 and the warden adder. I require something that I can take off a rimfire then put on a centrefire. Really undecided which system to go for. I’m well aware if the issues surrounding the xsight 4 and the price of the pulsar

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 12 Jun 2018, 17:48

Jeff8861 wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 15:07
Hi folks need some help with a bit of a dilemma I’m looking at purchasing some night vision and have been interested in the following systems. Xsight4k pulsar n355 and the warden adder. I require something that I can take off a rimfire then put on a centrefire. Really undecided which system to go for. I’m well aware if the issues surrounding the xsight 4 and the price of the pulsar
Personally speaking I would say you would be better off with an add on to the day scopes on your RF and CF rather than a dedicated NV unit in QD mounts. So your on the right lines with Warden Adder or a Ward 800L/S.