Ludicrous lumens adjustment

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Big ears

Ludicrous lumens adjustment

Post by Big ears » 08 Apr 2018, 18:50

Hi help please.
Have a add on from ludicrous lumens and am trying to get the best out of it. It’s ok to 50-100m but after then not clear. I haven’t adjusted it yet so am asked NV for help. What do each of the controls do.
The manual says adjust:
Shutter/AGC
High luminance/Brightness numbered 1-33
Low luminance/Brightness 25-1

Sorry if this is stupid but just wondered before I start messing.

BE

gunnybedford

Re: Ludicrous lumens adjustment

Post by gunnybedford » 08 Apr 2018, 19:32

What IR source are you using ? The power/quality of your IR will effect the useful range of your add on, the weaker the IR source, the less range and clarity you will get, also the wavelength of the IR can effect the image. So having the right IR source for your add on and your intended shooting i.e. what ranges you intend to shoot over, will have an effect on what you view through it. Ive never used a ludicrous lumens unit, so cant really help there, but normally add on are fairly easy to set up, with minimal controls normally some form of focus possibly and brightness control.

regards

Neil

Big ears

Post by Big ears » 08 Apr 2018, 20:42

Hi using a black sun ruby from ward. Can guess the shutter works like a camera I.e. smaller the appature better the depth of field but it’s the high/low brightness I’m unsure about.

BE

gunnybedford

Post by gunnybedford » 08 Apr 2018, 21:39

Well the black sun ruby is a great torch for NV add on, i have the BR20 one, with my ward 800 i am seeing well beyond 200 yards clearly, so i guess youve got that box ticked, so if you cant see clearly beyond 100m i dont think its because of the torch.
I would have thought the hi/low brightness is for the screen ?

What is your scope ? can you adjust parallax ? some scopes perform better with NV than others, I am no expert others on the forum will tell you which scopes perform better, but you do need to be able to adjust parallax.

Big ears

Post by Big ears » 08 Apr 2018, 22:17

Hi yes parallax can be adjusted, the two scopes are an MTC viper and a BSA sweet 22. The BSA seems better so far.
Think I am just going to go out one evening and play with settings and see.
Thanks for your help.

BE

oaken8

Post by oaken8 » 08 Apr 2018, 23:03

Get in touch with ludicrous lumens. The guy that runs it is a real gent and will help if he can, even if you got it second hand.
I have one of his add-ons. It is awesome with the ruby pil. It works to beyond distances that I'm happy shooting with .243 but lens coatings and too much magnification in some scopes can restrict ir transmission.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 09 Apr 2018, 01:44

The BS Ruby has lo/med/hi power settings that can be selected in that order by half presses of the tail cap switch - have you tried that?