Dads getting bored

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Rammer

Dads getting bored

Post by Rammer » 10 May 2018, 18:24

Since switching to night vision drone things been going well I’ve got the hang of it all now but, it’s become a different night out for my pal “dad” we park up and wait more often than not ,as we have found it more productive , but dads only involvement is when he asks did you get it? Which brings me to my question I have a bresser which I have t2o oslon attached , as we sit I was thinking about running it to a screen so he could watch events but don’t want to spend lots money on what is old tech just need screen that will give descent ish results, bresser has av out ,also would AS oslon improve picture
Thanks in advance Lee

wall90

Re: Dads getting bored

Post by wall90 » 12 May 2018, 07:56

before I got my thermal spotter I improved my bresser by getting an av lead connected this to a £15 car reversing camera screen and got a 12 volt rechargeable battery pack to power the screen.i was surprised how much better the picture was.if you sit in a vehicle you can power the screen from the cigarette lighter.i also just had a t20 ir torch on this.

Rammer

Post by Rammer » 12 May 2018, 14:21

Anyone know decent budget screen
Lee

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 12 May 2018, 14:42

Similar to me when I take a buddy till I started using roof spotters.

Dad will need to be out of the truck if he uses an illuminator on the bresser as it will reflect off the windows. Be better if he just looks for your illuminator beam when you are taking the shot - or convert the bresser to a hand reachable roof/windscreen spotter.

There are slightly cheaper low resolution monitors but I'd imagine you love him enough to spend a bit more for this with a better quality image that you can both view from inside the truck.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-inch-Scree ... 1837285002

How are YOU finding your quarry? - or is that dads job?

My next question for shameful potential marketing reasons is does your truck have a tilt/slide sunroof? I ask because I'm on the cusp of introducing totally cableless mag mount hand adjustable roof spotters - with wifi to a mobile or tablet: When my machinist pulls his finger out.

Rammer

Post by Rammer » 12 May 2018, 19:31

No tilt sunroof “old defender “ I was spotting with bresser I’ve looked at your truck spotter before and thought it would suit our needs quite well, as for your wfi modification I am all for getting rid of wires , when funds allow it may be the way to go
Thanks for link ,looks just what I am after was thinking attaching bresser to my lightforce roof bar ,maybe
Lee