Drone Pro zero probs

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
poppy mae

Re: Drone Pro zero probs

Post by poppy mae » 03 Jun 2018, 16:05

Dont know about the base , maybe ,maybe not , a steel constructed one may be better , last night seemed to hold zero ok , even though the rifle in the rack bumped across a few fields in the truck , will test the zero again next time , before starting off , lets hope its o.k ! The illuminator i use roughly weighs the same as a t67 , so a bit of a lump, works really well though , just thought id zero it as you would use it at night , hope you get it sorted as it is frustrating , ideally suppose everyone should have a Mr Mc Killop mount but thats not going to happen , just trial and error , and hopefully find something that works or have a chat with Kevgun ? for a fix....

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 03 Jun 2018, 16:08

By the way its mounted on a Tikka t3 , using optalok bases , with an extended stainless rail.....

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 03 Jun 2018, 20:46

Does any one know if the quick release arms can be replaced with nuts and bolt..I read one member did this but not sure how it is done?

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 03 Jun 2018, 22:14

Yes Dave, using your existing nuts and buy some M4 x 40 bolts off eBay, I bouthr titanium ones. I have been reading this thread with interest, and it’s amazing that people swear blind that they have never had a problem and others get nothing but problems.

poppymae, yes booting on a lumpy T67 is usually the start of the Zero shifting fault, because the torch mount on the Drone is pretty feeble, however it has been known for the casing screws to come lose, never had this myself but have heard of it.

I have a solution to the torch mounting problem as well, I will get the gun out of the cabinet and get a photo up tomorrow night so you can take a look, I don’t get any movement with my torch now and I have done away with the adjustable mount and just use 2 x 1” scope mounts.

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 04 Jun 2018, 09:45

Kev , checked all the bolts & mounts on the Drone all good , the new torch mounts i got from the states ,big improvement rock solid and adjustment is smooth !so job done there. Wouldnt stainless bolts be a good alternative to titainium , probably be stiffer as well , hopefully solved issues now , will see next time out !

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 04 Jun 2018, 16:25

Kevgun or poppy if your reading this how do you remove the quick release arms to fit the bolts ??
Dave.

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 04 Jun 2018, 17:34

Image Dave , looked at the base , the two small tension adjusting nuts wind off , if tight you could try a small spanner on the backs as there hex , then just wiggle apart ,watch the other side as spring loaded , suppose replace with new bolts and retighten , some long shouldered cap heads be ideal i guess !

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 04 Jun 2018, 18:06

Ok thanks for your time doing the photo bud..can I ask, have you removed yours and replaced with the bolts.. or did you find that putting in the third bolt through the base sorted the prob or have you done both.
I have Orderd 2 stainless bolts just in case...and already put the third bolt in the base cheers.
By the way have you got a link to the new torch mount you had from USA got mine from tac light adjustable
got a set for my rimy as well but they do move after a long walk.

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 04 Jun 2018, 18:47

Dave , dont know if the third bolt has made any difference , just the base has now 3 fixing points , not fitted any bolts just used the clamps it came with , followed Carls advice in a previous post once seated give it a push forwards & backwards to seat properly , just trying to eliminate all probable causes !Suppose if fitting bolts it could be worth looking up what pulasr advise on the torque they use on there thermal scopes give an idea , will have to wait till i next take it out to see ifs its held zero or not , may replace the bolts as it stays on the rifle in the cabinet . Thats why i fitted the illuminator to simulate it in the field , which did make it shoot a little higher !Try everything , something gonna do it.....

poppy mae

Post by poppy mae » 04 Jun 2018, 18:51

Sorry the torch mount is the one in 260 rips review of wicked lights ! Posted in this section down the page , only problem they dont ship internationally , said scott country was there importer in europe ! so got a friend to get us a couple and post over to us $39 each , and she didnt even charge me postage :D