Drone Pro zero probs

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Davesniper

Re: Drone Pro zero probs

Post by Davesniper » 04 Jun 2018, 19:23

Ok cheers bud for your advice :thumbup:

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 04 Jun 2018, 19:26

Ok cheers bud.. :thumbup:

Coling

Post by Coling » 05 Jun 2018, 18:04

Kevgun wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 22:14
Yes Dave, using your existing nuts and buy some M4 x 40 bolts off eBay, I bouthr titanium ones. I have been reading this thread with interest, and it’s amazing that people swear blind that they have never had a problem and others get nothing but problems.

poppymae, yes booting on a lumpy T67 is usually the start of the Zero shifting fault, because the torch mount on the Drone is pretty feeble, however it has been known for the casing screws to come lose, never had this myself but have heard of it.

I have a solution to the torch mounting problem as well, I will get the gun out of the cabinet and get a photo up tomorrow night so you can take a look, I don’t get any movement with my torch now and I have done away with the adjustable mount and just use 2 x 1” scope mounts.
Hi Kev
Have you got any photos of the solution for the mounting issues for the torch yet please it would be very interesting to know I’m sure s lot of us would benefit from it
Regards
Colin

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 05 Jun 2018, 21:29

Here is a picture of my modified front support and as you can see,I have made up an extended rail which bolts to my front support, this completely eliminates any stress to the body of the Drone, it makes no difference to the point of impact whether the torch is mounted or not. The Torch itself is mounted and and shimmed to align

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kZKrn ... IdZ_4xODYf

Coling

Post by Coling » 06 Jun 2018, 03:55

Kevgun wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 21:29
Here is a picture of my modified front support and as you can see,I have made up an extended rail which bolts to my front support, this completely eliminates any stress to the body of the Drone, it makes no difference to the point of impact whether the torch is mounted or not. The Torch itself is mounted and and shimmed to align

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kZKrn ... IdZ_4xODYf
Brilliant cheers where did you get the front collar from was it an easy part to source I’ll be looking to fit the same
Regards
Colin

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 06 Jun 2018, 09:15

Hi Coling, i made it.

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 18 Aug 2018, 20:30

Well Im sure I am haveing probs holdeing zero on my drone10x zeroed it 2weeks ago and yesterday checked again and it have risen by 3" and that is with my quick release levers moved and replaced with stainless bolts and in forward position as Warbucks says they need front support..I was waching roy lupton video on testing the first 15x and I noticed it had simple device to support the lense not sure if it was home made or not but given me ideas ...or I will get in touch with Warbucks if my problem persists...I have done a screen capture hope this works guys.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eo8TSL ... p=drivesdk

Coling

Post by Coling » 19 Aug 2018, 06:12

Davesniper wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 20:30
Well Im sure I am haveing probs holdeing zero on my drone10x zeroed it 2weeks ago and yesterday checked again and it have risen by 3" and that is with my quick release levers moved and replaced with stainless bolts and in forward position as Warbucks says they need front support..I was waching roy lupton video on testing the first 15x and I noticed it had simple device to support the lense not sure if it was home made or not but given me ideas ...or I will get in touch with Warbucks if my problem persists...I have done a screen capture hope this works guys.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eo8TSL ... p=drivesdk
Dave you need to get in touch with kevgun on here he will sort you out

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 20 Aug 2018, 07:01

The dreaded zero shift strikes again, i am doing one at the moment that has completely sheared off and it's been used on something with a bit more recoil. the problem is the intermediate rail between the mount and the Drone body it's made of aluminium and is very soft so the threads pull out.

It goes like this! my zero has shifted and not sure why? so off with the Drone start checking tightness nip the mounting bolts underneath a bit tighter
stretch the threads a bit more stick it back on the Rifle zero and repeat until the zero shifts again until you've gone full circle.

and did i say the Torch mount fall s off as well :roll:

But it can be Fixed

P.s. the zero shifts on the 15 as well but it's not just the Lens support that causes problems, it easy to fix though just strip apart and re-assemble with JB Weld and leave to set for 24 hours, iv'e had no issues with the 15 since.

I'm up to my ears in making front lens support and i have even been contacted by a company who wants to market it, so there's obviously a problem
but it won't get put right by the manufacturer now will it.

Next time they make one, i want to be on the design team for the mount :lol:

Kevgun

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 20 Aug 2018, 07:01

The dreaded zero shift strikes again, i am doing one at the moment that has completely sheared off and it's been used on something with a bit more recoil. the problem is the intermediate rail between the mount and the Drone body it's made of aluminium and is very soft so the threads pull out.

It goes like this! my zero has shifted and not sure why? so off with the Drone start checking tightness nip the mounting bolts underneath a bit tighter
stretch the threads a bit more stick it back on the Rifle zero and repeat until the zero shifts again until you've gone full circle.

and did i say the Torch mount fall s off as well :roll:

But it can be Fixed

P.s. the zero shifts on the 15 as well but it's not just the Lens support that causes problems, it easy to fix though just strip apart and re-assemble with JB Weld and leave to set for 24 hours, iv'e had no issues with the 15 since.

I'm up to my ears in making front lens support and i have even been contacted by a company who wants to market it, so there's obviously a problem
but it won't get put right by the manufacturer now will it.

Next time they make one, i want to be on the design team for the mount :lol:

Kevgun