New scope from Falcon...s18i

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Trackerman
Posts: 134
Joined: 30 Oct 2017, 19:22
Location: ireland

New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by Trackerman » 26 May 2018, 17:20

Looks like a nice spec for us... 3 to 18 zoom and 50mm with illuminated reticle...
Available in FFP mil mil and SFP mil mil

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/produ ... fle-scope/

I'm tempted... How have previous Falcon scopes been for Infra Red ? Do they manage ok?

jrn
Posts: 198
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 18:30
Location: clitheroe

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by jrn » 26 May 2018, 18:59

Trackerman wrote:
26 May 2018, 17:20
Looks like a nice spec for us... 3 to 18 zoom and 50mm with illuminated reticle...
Available in FFP mil mil and SFP mil mil

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/produ ... fle-scope/

I'm tempted... How have previous Falcon scopes been for Infra Red ? Do they manage ok?
Yes the 18+ FFP is very good . :thumbup:

jrn
Posts: 198
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 18:30
Location: clitheroe

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by jrn » 26 May 2018, 18:59

Trackerman wrote:
26 May 2018, 17:20
Looks like a nice spec for us... 3 to 18 zoom and 50mm with illuminated reticle...
Available in FFP mil mil and SFP mil mil

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/produ ... fle-scope/

I'm tempted... How have previous Falcon scopes been for Infra Red ? Do they manage ok?
Yes the 18+ FFP is very good . :thumbup:

Trackerman
Posts: 134
Joined: 30 Oct 2017, 19:22
Location: ireland

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by Trackerman » 26 May 2018, 19:21

Thanks , that's the M18+ right?
It get great reviews alright.

The 10% discount weekend is making this one hard to resist.
Illuminated reticle too! Yum yum.

I can't figure out why the hawke is mil /moa , doesn't make sense to mix them
Mil /mil or moa/moa is the way to go, especially with FPP.

jrn
Posts: 198
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 18:30
Location: clitheroe

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by jrn » 26 May 2018, 19:43

Yes the M18+ 4-18 x44 works very well with my WD800s and if the s18i 3-18 x50 has the same glass it will be even better and a bargain .

pav
Posts: 329
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 14:21
Location: washington,tyne&wear

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by pav » 02 Jun 2018, 10:17

Iv just tryed my adder on a menace 4x14x
44 and it was pants only good to about 100 yards

jrn
Posts: 198
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 18:30
Location: clitheroe

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by jrn » 02 Jun 2018, 11:19

pav wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 10:17
Iv just tryed my adder on a menace 4x14x
44 and it was pants only good to about 100 yards
The Menace 4-14 x44 might be pants but I can assure you the M18+ 4-18- x 44 FFP that I had was very good with my WD 800s .

pav
Posts: 329
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 14:21
Location: washington,tyne&wear

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by pav » 02 Jun 2018, 14:27

jrn wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 11:19
pav wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 10:17
Iv just tryed my adder on a menace 4x14x
44 and it was pants only good to about 100 yards
The Menace 4-14 x44 might be pants but I can assure you the M18+ 4-18- x 44 FFP that I had was very good with my WD 800s .
i was just pointing out that not all falcon scopes are good with nv add ons

hussar
Posts: 147
Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 00:35
Location: barnsley
Contact:

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by hussar » 02 Jun 2018, 21:34

i get what pav says about the menace however i agree with jrn the m18 is a cracking scope with the wardy with t20 ruby i get a great pic on rabbits on one of my pastures at 18 mag at 265 yrds i did sbs test at at same time with my sidewinder only got to 14 mag as jrn says if the new 3-18-50 has the same glass the fov and lightgathering of new scope will be good
Last edited by hussar on 02 Jun 2018, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

pav
Posts: 329
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 14:21
Location: washington,tyne&wear

Re: New scope from Falcon...s18i

Post by pav » 02 Jun 2018, 21:40

Think I should have bought the m18

Post Reply