Drone pro problem

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
jackal1

Re: Drone pro problem

Post by jackal1 » 09 Jun 2018, 22:29

.270 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 10:39
I am sure Clive on here would have a bloody good idea of how the drone pro works, and the brains to repair it. I would ask him as he has a type of drone pro out now on the market, I wonder if Carl or any of his staff, still have any parts or repair manuals still about. Does anyone know how to contact Carl ???

You have more chance of raising the dead than contacting Carl Moore. The Drone was a business to him and now he is no longer in the business he will have no interest in the Drone or those of us that bought it.

Could be a lesson to be learnt here, is it worth buying anything off small independent traders? Because if they stop trading or go bust they won't be interested in any products they have sold.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 09 Jun 2018, 23:57

I don't think anyone should be blaming Carl Moore.
While he sold the Drone pro, his support and back up service for the product was exemplary.
He was shit on big time by FLIR who discontinued the product despite his strong resistance, so it's no surprise he wants nothing further to do with FLIR or their products.
Look at from his point of view - by their actions, FLIR put him out of business - why on earth would he want to continue to support their products?
Big and small traders go bust and leave their customers without backup, buyers take that risk with anything they purchase.
If you only feel it's safe to buy from large companies, you won't have much choice when it comes to NV and thermal.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

sauer

Drone pro problem

Post by sauer » 10 Jun 2018, 07:30

Here here !

Guy loses his business due to big company flexing their muscles then the guy on the street blaming him ?
Really?

As above whenever I had dealings with him his customer service was 2nd to none !

Where’s the back up service for the drone pro now?

So is it still worth avoiding the smaller guy selling stuff or still think your better with the multi corporation mob ?

If I forced you hypothetically to sell me your car when you didn’t want to, then came back to you saying I wanted it servicing what would you tell me to do ? .... 2nd word off?
Paul

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 10 Jun 2018, 08:59

sauer wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 07:30
Here here !

Guy loses his business due to big company flexing their muscles then the guy on the street blaming him ? ImageImageImage
Really?

As above whenever I had dealings with him his customer service was 2nd to none !

So is it still worth avoiding the smaller guy selling stuff or still think your better with the multi corporation mob ?Image

If I forced you hypothetically to sell me your car when you didn’t want to, then came back to you saying I wanted it servicing what would you tell me to do ? .... 2nd word off?
Paul

Which is EXACTLY what i said above. It was a business to Carl Moore and now he is no longer in the business he won't be interested, neither would i. The point i was making to .270 was he isn't going to be helping anyone set up a service centre anytime soon. As for bigger outlets, then yes, the customer service i have recieved from TJs has been superb, with any failed equipment replaced with brand new by return of post.

jrn

Post by jrn » 10 Jun 2018, 12:31

jackal1 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 08:59
sauer wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 07:30
Here here !

Guy loses his business due to big company flexing their muscles then the guy on the street blaming him ? ImageImageImage
Really?

So is it still worth avoiding the smaller guy selling stuff or still think your better with the multi corporation mob ?Image

Paul

Which is EXACTLY what i said above. It was a business to Carl Moore and now he is no longer in the business he won't be interested, neither would i. The point i was making to .270 was he isn't going to be helping anyone set up a service centre anytime soon. As for bigger outlets, then yes, the customer service i have recieved from TJs has been superb, with any failed equipment replaced with brand new by return of post.
Yes TJs certainly gives a syperb service on faulty goods .

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 10 Jun 2018, 13:33

And if TJ's went out of business???

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 10 Jun 2018, 20:12

phoenix wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 13:33
And if TJ's went out of business???

Cheers

Bruce

Hardly likely as they don't just deal with one supplier, ie: all their eggs aren't in the same basket.

2-dead-in-the-air

Post by 2-dead-in-the-air » 16 Jun 2018, 10:05

Yes TJs certainly gives a syperb service on faulty goods .
[/quote]

I purchased a trail camera from TJs it went all funny after 6 months, spoke with TJs and they said its only warranted by them for 3 months !
Check on the Spypoint website and they are warranted for 1 year, after alot of email communications between TJs and Spypoint in Canada, I had a choice of posting out and paying for a repair at TJs ( with a non agreed repair costs ) or posting to Spypoint, I chose the latter and got a new model sent to me from them Canada.... TJ's response to me when I said item should be fit for purpose etc etc, they said it will cost you more to prove that than what it cost for the unit !!!!!!