Warden Adder v WDV

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Muskett

Warden Adder v WDV

Post by Muskett » 06 Jun 2018, 21:02

I only own a WDV 800, and yet to get over to Clive for a cuppa T.

I would like to see a picture of both units side by side on the same scope. As I understand it the WDV is shorter; it would be nice to see the difference. I know with the WDV you can get a good head position without much fuss which is a big plus compared to all the other add ons out there. You can just, so its really for the WA to prove its "short enough"??? Or requires some sorting somehow.

The WA was always going to happen at some point. Others had tried and failed, but it looks like this unit is up to scratch and delivers. For Rat and Rabbit it just might be just the ticket in an all in one package??? For fox it probably needs some IR Ruby help, but if you have a DP or WDV then thats no surprise. Its fantastic what can now be done with digi.

Now the WDV demands side parallax to go quite low. Well under 50m and often 20m or so. I would like to know what the WA demands, and believe its far closer to the 50m than the WDV. With the WA's digi doubler it might work on scopes whose parallax starts at 50m and give a useful magnification?? Like to know for sure.

Big plus for the WA is it can be used as a spotter. Bayonet fit too. Nice one.

Then there is the list of "extras" that are built into the WA. Fun, and some might find wifi useful, others never us it. Same with recording. As its there then great.

The other consideration is how any of the the two behave with different scope coatings. How they manage the ir, and what picture they give. How steady?? Any drag??? I'm sure once I've had a peak through and played with both most of my questions will be answered.
Anyhow anyone who has a WA please give your impression.

Lastly, the price kerffufle and what Chinese takeaway order has been delivered by who will I am sure sort itself out in due course. Clive has my loyalty and I'm sure he has ensured that his units have the right quality parts to deliver the optimum performance. Not just what comes off the bin end production line. Chinese goods differ so much and for all the smiles its anyones guess what corners have been cut to fit the target market. Doesn't matter how cheap something is if its broke, and I've better things to do than chase up shoddy builds. Your money, your call. Like all NV, may the luck be with you.

Of a good note I have a Bushnell Legend Ulta scope to try. All fun and games, and will report soon on how it does with my WDV.

Sussexsteve

Re: Warden Adder v WDV

Post by Sussexsteve » 11 Jun 2018, 07:05

A friend has the warden adder and the 800. He prefers the adder because the picture is better at shootable range. The mounting system is very good and it’s cheaper! I’m with you if something goes wrong I wouldn’t fancy my chance of getting it repaired, exchanged or refunded from some nice man on Ali Baba

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 11 Jun 2018, 07:19

As you are not that far away from me if you wanted to meet up one evening you can compare them both together.

TonyR

Post by TonyR » 11 Jun 2018, 10:16

Information I had was that Warder Adder is rated up to .308/30-06 and has 3yrs guarantee .
The Chinese one is rated to .223 and one year guarantee.
Which might explain the difference in price.

Tony

Post by .270 » 11 Jun 2018, 10:26

The .223 one is on Ebay under ADDONIGHT SCOPE

Post by .270 » 11 Jun 2018, 10:34

The firm selling those ADDONIGHT Scopes is, Custom Rifle Scopes, they offer a 16mm Lens or a 25mm Lens ??????

Darren.R

Post by Darren.R » 11 Jun 2018, 21:11

.270 wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:26
The .223 one is on Ebay under ADDONIGHT SCOPE
.270 wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:34
The firm selling those ADDONIGHT Scopes is, Custom Rifle Scopes, they offer a 16mm Lens or a 25mm Lens ??????
Custom Rifle Scopes also offer a .308 version for a little over £400, I’d never buy from China, but CSR’s owner Ashley (Splatty on here) is a good guy.

Rgds,
Darren.

pav

Post by pav » 12 Jun 2018, 08:10

TonyR wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:16
Information I had was that Warder Adder is rated up to .308/30-06 and has 3yrs guarantee .
The Chinese one is rated to .223 and one year guarantee.
Which might explain the difference in price.

Tony
The adder is 12 month guarantee

toxo

Post by toxo » 13 Jun 2018, 08:54

I happen to know splatty very well and I can honestly say that he is one of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met. He bends over backwards to ensure his customers are happy, a lot of the time at a cost to himself. Show me someone else who will supply bare n/v parts AND tell you how to build em.
As for not buying Chinese! Do you think Clive Ward is making em in the garden shed?

Muskett

Post by Muskett » 13 Jun 2018, 11:12

The NV world is notorious for its mud slinging history; please let not go there this time about as its no help to anyone.

A Chinese company has produced another idea/machine taken from other people's ideas for a certain niche market. Looks like this one is quite good at a respectable price.
Anyone can go and buy one direct.
Clive has bothered to ensure his have the specification and quality of parts that his clients would like. He is asking a little bit more.
Others buying from the Chinese might be getting exactly the same or maybe less "graded" parts in the same contraption. Who knows for sure???

There are different grades of sensors, lenses, and monitors; same goes for LED's. Heck there are different tubes in PVS14's that are £1,000's difference. With digi then it might be just a few $'s on each part that goes to make a complete unit.
The rest is up to the retailer to justify their ticket price. That might be added service support and longer warranties.
A tin of paint is a tin of paint, but not all paint is the same.

As a consumer I just want a product that works, good service support which with NV being on the delicate side is important to me (I can break most things), all at a respectable price. Loyalty is important to me. Clive knows his onions when it comes to digi add ons as he has his own product, so if he says he has got this Warden Adder up to good spec I tend to believe him. And he is willing to back that up, also to act as an agent to retailers which he didn't often do before.
(Knowing how the Chinese work if you buy enough you can have them pretty cheap, just as Aldi can buy clothing in bulk and sell at peanut prices. But thats the retail business for you. What the consumer pays is the price they are happy to, and businesses need a decent mark up on some things to stay in business; sits how business works).

Buy from whoever you want to, as its your money. Its your call which retailer does it for you.