ATN X-Sight II HD and battery life.

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Roxie2013

ATN X-Sight II HD and battery life.

Post by Roxie2013 » 11 Jun 2018, 15:09

Friend recently got an ATN X-Sight II HD and asked me to set it up for him, so looked at various reviews for tips etc. most reckoned on about one hour from a set of batteries so expected to get through a load of batteries as he hadn't bought the external battery pack.
By coincidence I had just bought some Kentli AA rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries, these are 3.7v with circuitry to reduce the output to a stable 1.5v so used these. Still didn't expect much of a battery life, however, six hours later and the batteries are still going strong. I made a point of not activating Bluetooth or WiFi which are known to be significant draws on the batteries, even so six hours is still pretty impressive. It was only later I saw in the manual that ATN recommend the Kentli batteries, downside is that they cost £48 for 4 with the special charger or £40 for the batteries only.
As my mate has no use for the Bluetooth or WiFi I can't see that he needs to buy a bulky and expensive external power pack. Has anyone else tried the Kentli batteries?

Re: ATN X-Sight II HD and battery life.

Post by .270 » 11 Jun 2018, 16:01

Are these NEW ATN-X Sight Scopes any Good now, as a good friend of mine purchased one about 2 years ago, and he is still receiving COUNSELLING. :crazy: :lol:

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 11 Jun 2018, 16:33

The X Sight II is not the latest model - that is the X Sight 4k Pro which is due to be on sale in the UK in the next few weeks.
We're all waiting with baited breath (NOT).

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Roxie2013

Post by Roxie2013 » 14 Jun 2018, 11:40

So far the ATN X-Sight II HD has performed perfectly, it came with the latest firmware installed and I didn't have any problems setting it up. The one shot zero function worked pretty well and the ballistics calculator was good, had to adjust the input pellet velocity slightly to get it perfect but a useful function if you want to zero at extended range and not rezero when ratting for instance. This function only works down to 27 yards, as far as I can tell, however, it is easy enough to create extra profiles to cover this.
Daytime performance is pretty good,can easily see and consistently hit a 1/2" spinner at 35 yards, was also able to do this at night. The supplied IR torch is OK but I would definitely upgrade if it was mine.
Not had it out for an extended session, just set-up and plinking be interesting to see how it performs in the field. In my garden I can shoot up to 35 yards so I am reasonably confident it will perform OK.