Rail recommendations for a Mannlicher Pro Hunter

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
fizzbangwhallop

Rail recommendations for a Mannlicher Pro Hunter

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 12 Jun 2018, 10:40

A mate of mine has just taken delivery of one of Clive’s WT1 75-3 thermal scopes... he needs a rail to fit his Pro Hunter and we were just wondering over the phone if he needs a rear extended rail to sort the eye-relief?

The favourite at the moment would be a John Carr Apex Precision rail but we want to get the length right.....he’s bringing it round later so we can check if the bolt handle would clear the scope mount on the line of the existing Warne bases height-wise.

So, just wondering if anyone’s fitted a dedicated nv to a Pro Hunter and what they ended up with....or would recommend.

Cheers

Fizz

8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

blueroll

Re: Rail recommendations for a Mannlicher Pro Hunter

Post by blueroll » 12 Jun 2018, 17:29

MAK steel rail from www.optics-trade,eu

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 12 Jun 2018, 20:20

blueroll wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 17:29
MAK steel rail from www.optics-trade,eu
Thanks blueroll....I had a look and could only find the Rusan rails?

I’ve sent an email and photos to John Carr asking if he can do one that extends to just short of the bolt handle... it’s quite a high lift on the bolt which rules out a longer rail from the base’s point angle but the bolt handle still clears the main body so the rail can be as low as he can get it.

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 12 Jun 2018, 20:53

Its all there on the optics-trade.eu website. In the search box put SKU 55201-50089 if its for the 308 family cartridge.

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 12 Jun 2018, 20:59

Let me know your email or mob number if you want a pic of the Trail on my 243.

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 13 Jun 2018, 06:24

Thanks Blueroll,
:lol: “click” it is a 22-250 with the safe bolt system and having read through the info I understand the sizing system now...I originally just looked for the Pro Hunter listings.

( Have to say I’m impressed by the amount of info given... more than you usually get on a website :thumbup: )

If his receiver has the 3 holes at each end, does that mean the rail with its 2 holes can be mounted in a forward or back position? (On a quick second read maybe not)

A photo would be appreciated...I’ll send you a pm with my email address.

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

blueroll

Post by blueroll » 13 Jun 2018, 07:35

I got the pm and will send a pic to your email. I think the 22-250 is the same action length as my 243 so you should be okay with that part number.
I can`t remember and don`t want to take the Trail off but think that the rail will only fit one way round, uses all 6 screw holes in the receiver, and is a very solid lock up.
There seems to be a lot more info/choice on their website now from when I bought 2 rails for my Prohunters and 2 for my SSG`s.