Drone Pro zero

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
Ttocs

Re: Drone Pro zero

Post by Ttocs » 07 Aug 2018, 22:21

Quick update.
Used some retaining compound on the joint between drone and mount after moving mount back to forward position. Placed 3 layers of tin foil on my rail before attaching the QR mount (to make the mount cross bolts a tight fit into the rail. Pushed scope forward whilst fitting. Tightened QR to the point where the levers were too tight.
Success, 100myard groups less than 1/4 inch. 15 rounds inside a 3/4 inch square. Been fine for a month now only shifted by 1cm when I bumped the scope laying the rifle on the floor. Put 40 rounds through it, mostly on paper, no problems. :thumbup: :thumbup: What’s more, 5 foxes, 2 over 200 yards.
I’m happy again and starting to regain my confidence in the scope.
Happy days :thumbup:
Ttocs

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 08 Aug 2018, 06:55

Hopefully Warbucks and ColinG will give the findings regarding the Zero shift faults, hopefully there are none now

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 08 Aug 2018, 06:57

Hopefully Warbucks and ColinG will give the findings regarding the Zero shift faults, hopefully there are none now :thumbup:

Coling

Post by Coling » 08 Aug 2018, 11:55

That’s right kev no zero shift since you made the modification to securely fix the lens to the body of the drone .
Anyone who owns a drone knows how good the picture is through one of theses and is thee best digital dedicated Nightvision scope “imho “ and the thing that lets it down is the support of the lens and until you get that right any torch or range finder ect you put on will all effect zero you may get away with the tamer calibres ie .22 17 hmr but with something with a good amount of recoil your in for some trouble as both myself and Dave warbucks had as Dave used to call them un-explained misses ?.
We sent our scopes off to Kev gun and since kev made and fitted the support of the front lens neither Dave or I have had any issues since you really did do your home work with this Kev :clap:
And thanks again for taking all the frustrations and head scratchers away

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 08 Aug 2018, 12:34

Kevgun wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 06:57
Hopefully Warbucks and ColinG will give the findings regarding the Zero shift faults, hopefully there are none now :thumbup:
After Kev's conversion, i had 9 clean fox kills, missed number 10, my fault aimed 1" above body thinking it was 260+ yds, when it was only 235 ish, several more clean fox kills, then missed one last night :thumbdown: , so re checked zero, spot on so it was me.

Any of you lads out there that might be having zero issues with the DP i suggest you have a word with Kevgun, for the little he charges for this front lens conversion + re checking/ re doing all the mounting system, its piece of mind knowing the Drone is going to hold zero even after a knock, not only this he builds a top weaver rail on to this lens support in conjunction with the Drones top weaver rail support, this tie's this all together ----------before this my top weaver torch mount would over a period of time work its way off its mounting position choose how well you tightened it, if you didnt notice this starting to happen you were then getting this torch sling shot effect, this then caused zero issues.

Dave (warbucks)

crowboy

Post by crowboy » 15 Aug 2018, 11:11

hi this is my first post i have a drone pro and getting zero shift i would like to have a word with kevgun to see if he can help me how do i make contact peter crowboy

fizzbangwhallop

Post by fizzbangwhallop » 15 Aug 2018, 11:59

crowboy wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:11
hi this is my first post i have a drone pro and getting zero shift i would like to have a word with kevgun to see if he can help me how do i make contact peter crowboy
If you click on his name (shown in blue) on one of his posts that’ll take through to his profile and give you the option to send him a pm and/or an email.
:thumbup:

Cheers

Fizz
8-)

A correct grip on the butt & cheekweld is imperative for accurate shooting. :crazy: :lol:

crowboy

Post by crowboy » 15 Aug 2018, 12:26

thank you fizz

crowboy

Post by crowboy » 02 Oct 2018, 15:02

just like to say took warbucks and coling advice about zero shift on drone pro got in contact with kevgun who put front lens support on for me 4 clean fox kills no more zero shift thank you kev your a top man

crowboy

Post by crowboy » 02 Oct 2018, 15:02

just like to say took warbucks and coling advice about zero shift on drone pro got in contact with kevgun who put front lens support on for me 4 clean fox kills no more zero shift thank you kev your a top man