ADDONIGHT

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: ADDONIGHT

Post by phoenix » 08 Sep 2018, 09:42

Lightmesser,
You're right, with the Warden adder type add-on there's really no need for anyone to be building their own NV kit.
The days when a DIYer could build something substantially better than was available commercially and for a lot less money, are now pretty much gone.
Of course, if someone is motivated simply by the pleasure and knowledge gained by building a DIY NV set up then they should go straight ahead, and if they need help with that, they only need to ask.
But for the majority, who simply want to shoot using NV, the the adder and it's clones make life much simpler.
Having said that, it was DIY NV and IR builds that really made this forum and led to the huge knowledge base that still exists here.
Although we don't see nearly as many DIY projects as before (photobucket charging a monthly fee didn't help) I think that when new kit comes onto the market, the reviews and opinions expressed here have much more value than those seen in magazines, facebook groups, YoutTube videos etc

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Dave333

Post by Dave333 » 08 Sep 2018, 12:10

There is no such thing as 'an adder clone' there is and always has been 1 Chinese manufacturer for these add-ons (PARD,and they hold the patent for it),they all come from the same place,yes various sellers in the UK are selling them (as with all things) and are giving them their own 'brand name' but they are all from PARD,so no-one is cloning anything,all of the sellers pay the correct duties and VAT,and they all have businesses to run and bread to put on their tables.I am quite frankly P'd off with all of the mis-direction/back-biting and bullshot claims over these add-ons.The problem nowadays is,all of the information is out there for ALL to see,you just have to let it in....you can fool some of the people some of the time etc...
"he's not the messiah,he's a very naughty boy"

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 08 Sep 2018, 12:30

Dave333 wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 12:10
I am quite frankly P'd off with all of the mis-direction/back-biting and bullshot claims over these add-ons.The problem nowadays is,all of the information is out there for ALL to see,you just have to let it in....you can fool some of the people some of the time etc...

Well don't read any then :roll:

Dave333

Post by Dave333 » 08 Sep 2018, 14:41

jdk1 wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 12:30
Dave333 wrote:
I am quite frankly P'd off with all of the mis-direction/back-biting and bullshot claims over these add-ons.The problem nowadays is,all of the information is out there for ALL to see,you just have to let it in....you can fool some of the people some of the time etc...

Thats the problem,when reading 'ALL',that also includes the liars,idiots and scammers comments as well :shh: ,if people wernt greedy and deliberately misleading,or just plain dishonest,those sortve comments wouldnt be there to be read,anyway,i hope everyone who buys one of the add-ons from whoever they chose to buy one from enjoys using them,they are really really good bits of kit when they leave the factory,and the people that feel now that they have overpaid,there looks like there is some light at the end of the tunnel. :clap:

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 08 Sep 2018, 14:57

Dave333 wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 14:41
jdk1 wrote:
Dave333 wrote:

Thats the problem,when reading 'ALL',that also includes the liars,idiots and scammers comments as well :shh: ,if people wernt greedy and deliberately misleading,or just plain dishonest,those sortve comments wouldnt be there to be read,anyway,i hope everyone who buys one of the add-ons from whoever they chose to buy one from enjoys using them,they are really really good bits of kit when they leave the factory,and the people that feel now that they have overpaid,there looks like there is some light at the end of the tunnel. :clap:

But then if you were to cut out the comments from certain people just "trolling" there would be a lot less as well.

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 08 Sep 2018, 15:30

I've sat back waiting patiently for the proof of pudding videos to come out but think its now time for a Kevlar flack jacket for me. These rigs, in admittedly VERY well thought out professionally moulded housings with VERY decent features and likely decent PCB's too have been around for over two months now, yet mozie's is the fist video I think I've seen from them.

Surely I can't be the only person with a critical eye capable of seeing - or realist enough to say that eyeshine smear suggests a lot of sense up is used? I've watched the video on my desktop PC TV/monitor in full screen as the camera used has high resolution. It works Jim - but not as we know it comes to mind.

Given that it has a built in recording facility I'm amazed there have not been a flood of youtube vidoes showing how brilliant super wonderfull it is to back up all the fuss about it, the only video I've seen shows serious smear. Could someone please clear up if that smear is standard across them all - or down to very poor settings please?

In the absence of anyone else being brave enough to post up a video of its real performance I'm thinking that if the settings were corrected to clear up that eyeshine smear the item looks like it ought to be sold as ideally suited for air ranges. The plain fact is that I've seen better videos from budget home builds using cameras costing less than £20.

We are known for preferring quality cameras and being realistic about NV performance in this forum and are able to speak the truth as we see it without being blocked or censored in any way thanks to admin having no agenda. We're approaching time for Xmas presents: Are we really going to let people buy themselves or family a rig with that sort of image smear thinking its a decent performing 'must have? The video shows it doesn't come close to an E700 rigs image performance.

Lest anyone feels I'm speaking as a rival, I'll have stopped making add on's by about Xmas when I'll have used up my DSA stock and won't be making spotters either when my current batch of boxes are gone. I'm speaking as a critical user only.

I'm honestly open minded - someone please show me I'm mistaken.
Last edited by some bloke on 08 Sep 2018, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 08 Sep 2018, 15:41

Dave333 wrote:
There is no such thing as 'an adder clone' there is and always has been 1 Chinese manufacturer for these add-ons (PARD,and they hold the patent for it),they all come from the same place,yes various sellers in the UK are selling them (as with all things) and are giving them their own 'brand name' but they are all from PARD,so no-one is cloning anything,all of the sellers pay the correct duties and VAT,and they all have businesses to run and bread to put on their tables.I am quite frankly P'd off with all of the mis-direction/back-biting and bullshot claims over these add-ons.The problem nowadays is,all of the information is out there for ALL to see,you just have to let it in....you can fool some of the people some of the time etc...

I used the phrase "adder clone" to simply save me writing "Warden adder, Custom Riflescopes Addonight, Ludictous lumens LL760, Wildgame WG760 etc" every time I wanted to mention the device in my post.
However, since all these devices are identical, "clone" is probably not a bad word to describe them
We all know they all come out of the same factory in China
PARD may be the manufacturer, but they don't appear to sell direct to the public so the name PARD is virtually unknown.
They don't own a patent because patents cover how a device works and how it's used - and there are loads of NV add-ons that work the same way.
PARD have a registered design - which covers how the device looks.
The thing that has pissed off people is the fact that one seller was selling them for £200 more than any other seller and trying to claim that the version he sold was somehow so different from the others that it justified the £200 price hike.
That seller has now "seen the light" and amended his prices to bring them into line with the other sellers.
Hopefully that will put an end to the "misdirection/backbiting and bullshit claims".

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Dave333

Post by Dave333 » 08 Sep 2018, 17:31

jdk1 wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 14:57
Dave333 wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 14:41
jdk1 wrote:

But then if you were to cut out the comments from certain people just "trolling" there would be a lot less as well.
you mean the people that uncover the idiots/scams and save honest people from getting ripped off,long may they continue i say.There are far to many people happy to sit by and watch others being fleeced,but there are a few honest guys around,and i doubt they mind being called names by fools either. :wave:

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 08 Sep 2018, 18:43

*sigh

Lets.not get down to insults please chaps
when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 08 Sep 2018, 19:39

I'm pleased to say I have found some much better imaging results on youtube after searching for 'warden adder', rather than addonight - and one from Ashley too.

The rig seems to be capable of excellent images with only a very minor hint of smear when panning across eyeshine - me tending to be very fussy about that. :geek:

Mozzie - I suspect there is something wrong with your rig - or the way you have it set up, or your editing, or your scope is not ideal or a mixture mate.
Last edited by some bloke on 08 Sep 2018, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.