ADDONIGHT

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
DaveC

Re: ADDONIGHT

Post by DaveC » 10 Jul 2018, 16:56

So what is the difference between the two? There is quite a big price difference, I would like to know what am I getting extra for my money.

DaveC

So what is the difference between the two? There is quite a big price difference, I would like to know what am I getting extra for my money.

DaveC

DaveC

DaveC

Sorry tablet has gone nuts :wtf:

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 10 Jul 2018, 17:05

DaveC wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 16:56
Theres a man who really wants an answer :lol:
oslon black drivers
http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2333

when asking for advice, please include what n.v device and/or illumination you already have (if any) and what rifles you intend to use them on...cheers

villaman

Post by villaman » 10 Jul 2018, 17:18

DaveC wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 16:56
Know body can give you the answer ,i have tried to find out myself

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 10 Jul 2018, 20:44

If anyone can give an answer it's Clive.
On his webpage he says that the Warden Adder is a "Registered Design"
I'm assuming the reason his registered design is not listed on the UK registered design list https://www.gov.uk/search-registered-design is simply that the list has not been updated recently
According to this government website https://www.gov.uk/register-a-design, in order to register a design the item must satisfy several criteria including:
It must be new be new
It must be the owners (i.e Clive's) intellectual property.

OK, so what's intellectual property?
It's defined here https://www.gov.uk/intellectual-property-an-overview
To summarise, intellectual property is something you physically create - an idea for a product does not count as intellectual property.
You own intellectual property if you create it or if you buy the intellectual property from the creator or a previous owner.

So, either Clive created the product or he purchased the intellectual property from the creator or a previous owner.

Given that apparently identical products are all over the internet and are clearly manufactured in China, perhaps if Clive could get his hands on one of these he would be in position to tell us exactly what the differences are.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

owl

Post by owl » 11 Jul 2018, 08:30

DaveC wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 16:55
Have you read this thread?

http://nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic ... 45&t=18675

Some information given on there about the reasons for the disparity in selling price.

deerwarden

Post by deerwarden » 11 Jul 2018, 10:52

One thing about Clive Ward is that he WANTS to ensure you are happy with his products, and his after sales service. I had an issue with a night-vision unit I bought from him, and Clive immediately replaced the item. He gets a lot of flack at times but all the products I've bought from him are first rate, I wouldn't hesitate to buy again from him. He has also taken items out there and refined them to his high standards, Bruce is also a mine of information, and speaks as he finds detailing any issues out there he feels are good or not so good. I would be more than happy with either guys thoughts and recommendations, even though I have been involved with with the electronic industries for over 30 odd years. deerwarden