Clives new Digital Scope

A discussion group for all nightvision users. Find 'Best scope for nv?' here also.
warbucks

Re: Clives new Digital Scope

Post by warbucks » 02 Aug 2018, 12:49

Cliveward quote

No problem with the Digiceptor holding zero on pritty much anything.

Clive, what testing has been done of what calibres to make this statement.
Reason i say this is there has been quite a few of use that's had zero problem with the Drone Pro, if this had been tested over a decent period of time on a 243 using a heavy illuminator the makers would have known this and SHOULD have done something about it before releasing it for sale ------the bottom line here is its front lens isn’t supported well enough -------this has more or less been proven by a certain member on here doing a front lens support for quite a few of us, no more problems since.

Im sure you can understand some of us having doubts about your new Digiceptor holding zero, looking at the pictures of it with that front lens and how for back it is to its support, to add to this you are showing a range finder and an illuninator adding further weight to this which adds a pendulum effect if not adequately supported. ---------Clive can you give more details on the above please.

Dave (warbucks)

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 02 Aug 2018, 13:47

warbucks wrote:
02 Aug 2018, 12:49
Cliveward quote

No problem with the Digiceptor holding zero on pritty much anything.

Clive, what testing has been done of what calibres to make this statement.
Reason i say this is there has been quite a few of use that's had zero problem with the Drone Pro, if this had been tested over a decent period of time on a 243 using a heavy illuminator the makers would have known this and SHOULD have done something about it before releasing it for sale ------the bottom line here is its front lens isn’t supported well enough -------this has more or less been proven by a certain member on here doing a front lens support for quite a few of us, no more problems since.

Im sure you can understand some of us having doubts about your new Digiceptor holding zero, looking at the pictures of it with that front lens and how for back it is to its support, to add to this you are showing a range finder and an illuninator adding further weight to this which adds a pendulum effect if not adequately supported. ---------Clive can you give more details on the above please.

Dave (warbucks)
Hi Dave,

No problem at all. The issues with other products are well known so we tested specifically for them.

It's already a proven design used on military thermal scopes, but as part of the process it has been jig tested for high levels of recoil. It's also been fitted to a short barrel entry gun and had several hundred rounds of solids put through it.

I've done collimator testing here and repeatability of the mount on and off is within 2.5mm at 100m when torqued to 3-3.5nm. Also on the collimator I've prodded and poked and had accessories on and off with no movement in POI.

I've also range tested for accuracy and POI using various rifles and combinations of different sized illuminators in both fixed and adjustable (wobbly) mounts. Again no POI shifts.

The lens is one piece and flange mounted and dowel pinned to the main body. It's extremely solid. The accessory mounts are canter levered to this most rigid part of the assembly.

Cheers

Clive

warbucks

Post by warbucks » 02 Aug 2018, 14:38

Thanks for that Clive, this will be re assuring for a lot of potential buyers that might have been thinking about what i have said, im sure this can only help with the sale's of this new product :thumbup:

Dave (warbucks)

Davesniper

Post by Davesniper » 02 Aug 2018, 18:12

Good question Warbucks ...Clive that is the Answer we needed ...now one more honest answer needed please the Drone pro ×2 cr123 batts dont last long that is why I made batt pack and many other lads out there so how long do they last on the Digiceptor....I am trying to convince my mate this is the scope close to the Drone out there.
Dave.

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 03 Aug 2018, 09:22

HI Dave, it's nice that my modification works, i am getting the same feedback from all the one iv'e done 15 in total and everyone is saying the same, it sounds like Clive's on the case, but if he wants to send me one for testing, i would give it an honest review, i would like to test the repeatability of the Digiceptor mount, that would be handy because i swap between my IOR Crusader day scope on a Spuhr mount and that is repeatable, same hole repeatable, the Drones one is certainly not sub moa, so i have to re zero every time i swap across.

jackal1

Post by jackal1 » 03 Aug 2018, 11:30

Spanner wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 15:48
Anybody got one yet, would be interested in any feedback.

It would be ideal if feedback came from a Drone owner/user so that a direct comparison can be made.

Muskett

Post by Muskett » 04 Aug 2018, 22:39

Well I can break anything. The WDV 700 took a week, easy fix and it was really early days.
Drone Pro think 6 weeks befOre something went. That was an easy fix too.
Had my WDV800 six months now, nothing yet but I'm trying :shh:

The DP was I think a Tubed unit conversion to a digi.
The Ward probably a Thermal conversion to digi.
I'm sure Clive has gone through the check list thoroughly now so much has been learnt from the various digi unit builds. Sounds like he has given the test unit a thorough thrashing and checked the main points that he knows we would give him grief over.

Until 50 are out there with the likes of me its all theory. If we can break it we will find a way. Clive I'm sure doesn't want too many back, but has the facility to fix anything if one does come back.

Think we just want it now :thumbup:

Sussexsteve

Post by Sussexsteve » 05 Aug 2018, 18:14

As a previous drone owner since the introduction of my Mark1 5/10x and then my Mark2 10x accounting for foxes in the thousands I was given a sneak preview by Clive of the Digiceptor..My initial thoughts are that it is clearer than the drone..The laser rangefinder is an excellent idea as we know how deceiving judging distance at night can be.. Build quality looks far more robust than the drone..I wouldn't swap my thermal scope for one but if I didn't have the awesome Ward WT1 75-3 I would definitely be using one of these.

cliveward
FORUM SPONSOR

Post by cliveward » 09 Aug 2018, 10:03

Davesniper wrote:
02 Aug 2018, 18:12
Good question Warbucks ...Clive that is the Answer we needed ...now one more honest answer needed please the Drone pro ×2 cr123 batts dont last long that is why I made batt pack and many other lads out there so how long do they last on the Digiceptor....I am trying to convince my mate this is the scope close to the Drone out there.
Dave.
Hi Dave,

Battery life from a pair of standard CR123 is 6 hours continuous on average.

It's instant on so in reality they last several evenings shooting and you can just go out with a single spare set and never have to worry about having to go home early due to lack of power.

Re-chargeable CR123 can also be used, as can 5-12V external power if required.

Cheers

Clive

Baz260

Post by Baz260 » 15 Aug 2018, 19:56

Hi,
Just wondering what you all think of Clives new creation?
It looks good on you tube.
Could any of you tell me if it is like the ATN X sight where you zero it and the cross hair sits in the centre of the screen, then as you zoom in and out the cross hair position changes on the screen?
I ask as my X sight did it and it was annoying.
I got told it was how these dedicated units work that's all..

Thanks in advance